Ask Me Anything: Future Trainee at Reed Smith

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hey All,

As Jaysen noted, we will be starting the AMA threads very shortly with future trainees/trainees at different firms, in order to motivate and inspire you all through the application process.

In order to kick things off, Rachael Mintah, a future trainee at Reed Smith (a very close friend of mine who is the epitome of hard work and perseverance) has agreed to answer any questions.

I will post a short introductory paragraph about her shortly but before doing so, brief intro - She recently graduated from Politics at Warwick. She completed a winter vac scheme with NRF last year and despite no offer following the scheme, she still persevered with her applications. Following a straight TC app, completing the SJT and AC, she received a training contract offer from Reed Smith to commence in 2021, once she completes the GDL and LPC.

Please note that Rachael will only be available to answer questions from 7pm onwards this week (still confirming what day).

I hope everyone will be able to join us in welcoming her and given the number of questions relating to Reed Smith’s vacation scheme application this year, I hope she will be able to assist you all!

Edit: Members, I feel like typing up away on this forum is not as engaging or interactive when it comes to AMA threads and I was wondering (if you are all up for it), if a live YouTube session with the trainee or future trainee would be more convenient?

If you could all comment below with yes or no re the live sessions, I would be grateful and I look forward to seeing your responses :)

Last edited:
Reactions: r14n

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Thanks guys, a live session it is then :)

I did not anticipate how popular this would be, so unfortunately myself and Rachael will have to reschedule for next week (probably Friday).

I hope this works for everyone and you will join us then.

In order to make this session/future sessions as interactive and helpful as possible. Rachael will be simply discussing the application process, her approach to questions and any specific queries relating to her experience to date.

Please prepare questions in light of this, I will be moderating the discussion as much as possible with Rachael :)

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys,

I hope you’re all doing well.

Can everyone confirm what time would be best to watch/listen into the live session on Friday 14th?

Me and Rachael will work around the suggested timings, I look forward to seeing your responses :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaysen

Vany

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thank you Salma and Rachel for doing this !

Re the live session, I would be available all day until 6pm (unfortunately unlike most of the others it seems..).

For those who are not available at the time you decide to do the live session, is there any way we can still submit our questions to Rachel before or after the live session?

Many thanks and looking forward to this ! :)

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thank you Salma and Rachel for doing this !

Re the live session, I would be available all day until 6pm (unfortunately unlike most of the others it seems..).

For those who are not available at the time you decide to do the live session, is there any way we can still submit our questions to Rachel before or after the live session?

Many thanks and looking forward to this ! :)

Hey Vanessa,

Yes! You can either post your question here or PM me (if personal), whatever works really!

We will be live from 6:30pm, but, will commence the AMA session properly at 7pm. If you miss it, the session will be recorded and the link will be posted here.

Reactions: Vany

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Apologies for the delay guys,

I will post a run down of what the session will consist of tomorrow, I hope you will still have time to prepare questions in light of this.

As mentioned, me and Rachael will be live from 6:30/45pm, the session will officially begin at 7pm, I hope you can join us then* :)

*I fully appreciate that some people might not be able to join, so I will be recording (once I master this) and then post the recorded link online for those who have missed out!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.