legalbeagle

Jan 16, 2021
Hi there,

I am new to the forum. I have a huge interest in aviation law and I am just wondering which firms to apply to where I can do a seat in aviation? I understand that some of the city firms have a great Aviation department. I want to get a gain an understanding on which city firms are the best for this, but also if there are any good regional firms that offer training contracts with an aviation department/seat?

Thank you!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi there,

I am new to the forum. I have a huge interest in aviation law and I am just wondering which firms to apply to where I can do a seat in aviation? I understand that some of the city firms have a great Aviation department. I want to get a gain an understanding on which city firms are the best for this, but also if there are any good regional firms that offer training contracts with an aviation department/seat?

Thank you!
    Don't know about regional firms but I'm pretty sure that Goodwin Procter, Vinson & Elkins and Norton Rose Fulbright all have quite distinguished aviation practices.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi there,

Thank you!
    Just to add to this, a lot of firms with strong finance departments might do their fair share of aviation finance - I think I remember this being a subject of discussion at a CC open day a couple of years back.

Reactions: Dheepa

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi there,

Thank you!

Bristol is known as a bit of a hot spot for the Aviation industry, so you might find regional firms there are ones to consider.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi there,

Thank you!
    Stephenson Harwood are a good firm to look at if you want exposure to aviation law :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.