Baker McKenzie

Demna87

Distinguished Member
Aug 23, 2018
Hello again, everyone. It's been more than a day since I sat the WG and I haven't received a response from Baker McKenzie yet, should I be worried? It appears to me that they have been taking half a day to get back to applicants at this stage...
I think it took me a week to hear back after the WG and I did pass, so I don't think there's any set timeframe.

thecorporatelawyer

Legendary Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi All, I just posted this on another forum, but I thought it might help to also post on here as well, but I've recently read on some websites that Baker McKenzie's video interview is composed of strength based questions. I'm a bit worried as I've mainly been preparing for competency/commercial awareness based questions. Besides that one website that said BM uses strength based questions I cannot find any other place where it says that. Can anyone whose done the VI let me know if it was a more strength based interview? Thanks!

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Hi All, I just posted this on another forum, but I thought it might help to also post on here as well, but I've recently read on some websites that Baker McKenzie's video interview is composed of strength based questions. I'm a bit worried as I've mainly been preparing for competency/commercial awareness based questions. Besides that one website that said BM uses strength based questions I cannot find any other place where it says that. Can anyone whose done the VI let me know if it was a more strength based interview? Thanks!
I have been invited for VI as well and from what I've understood and heard from people is that it is competency based questions with one commercial one I believe. Best thing is to probably just prep for both as we never know what might come up! :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I’ve always thought strengths questions as a sub-set of competency ones. They might just test certain character attributes like resilience or might ask you outright about your strengths and weaknesses :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.