Do you need to tell your sponsor firm your degree results?

mpongo

Jan 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a TC with a US law firm. They have a small intake. My offer letter didn’t give any stipulated requirements relating to my undergraduate degree.

I am going to start the GDL. The provider says on its website that it requires a 2.1 degree, but they have inducted me into the programme without asking for any proof etc.

I got my undergrad results the other day, so I know that if asked to show that I got a 2.1 or above, that I can.

Is it standard practice to email your undergraduate results over to your sponsor firm? I was slightly under the impression that it was a ‘given’ that their future trainees would get good enough results.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a TC with a US law firm. They have a small intake. My offer letter didn’t give any stipulated requirements relating to my undergraduate degree.

I am going to start the GDL. The provider says on its website that it requires a 2.1 degree, but they have inducted me into the programme without asking for any proof etc.

I got my undergrad results the other day, so I know that if asked to show that I got a 2.1 or above, that I can.

Is it standard practice to email your undergraduate results over to your sponsor firm? I was slightly under the impression that it was a ‘given’ that their future trainees would get good enough results.
You’ll probably need to provide it when you go through vetting processes.

If you have got a 2.1 or above, no need to worry about it to update the firm until they ask you to.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.