Failed a module in first year

ma3795858

Feb 16, 2024
Hello,

I have resat a module in first year which resulted me getting a 2:2 in first year
do law firms consider this especially magic or silver and will it affect my applications what if u get 2:1s in 2nd and third year but also have alot of experience with it?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
It will be considered, alongside any other module. But I don’t see this being an issue if you other module grades are consistent and a solid/strong 2.1 or above

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
do most firms care about first year grades though eventhough u have resat a module in first or would they just look at ur overall grade in ur second and third year?
Yes - many firms will still care about first year grades, especially if you are only in your first or second year. They become less relevant the more years of study you have afterwards, but they will still be looked at.

ma3795858

Feb 16, 2024
Yes - many firms will still care about first year grades, especially if you are only in your first or second year. They become less relevant the more years of study you have afterwards, but they will still be looked at.
you know how most firms want a 2:1 overall and l got a 2:2 in first year cuz of a resit as well as first year results still going to be looked at, can ur 2nd and 3rd year grades still save you from it?

do most firms also ask you to list each modules or do they ask you to what u got in each year?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.