Final year Uni of London online Law LLB worth it?

aa1

Standard Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hey all!

Hope you're keeping well and application season is going well too. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the University of London Law LLB degree or the University of Law online LLB starting in Jan 2024 and whether firms see it as on par with campus taught degrees. I'm currently at a Russell Group Uni going into my third year with a 2.1 average but I'm thinking about switching. Anybody gone through anything similar. Thank you in advance!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey all!

Hope you're keeping well and application season is going well too. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the University of London Law LLB degree or the University of Law online LLB starting in Jan 2024 and whether firms see it as on par with campus taught degrees. I'm currently at a Russell Group Uni going into my third year with a 2.1 average but I'm thinking about switching. Anybody gone through anything similar. Thank you in advance!
What are your reasons for switching at the late stage of your degree?

aa1

Standard Member
Mar 8, 2021
I've had a family illness which requires me to be a lot closer to home, I guess you could say I now have caring responsibilities as it is long term / pretty permanent.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I've had a family illness which requires me to be a lot closer to home, I guess you could say I now have caring responsibilities as it is long term / pretty permanent.
Are you able to switch and just complete your third year at these universities? Or have you spoken to your current university to see if they can switch you to more of an online learning environment given your circumstances?

aa1

Standard Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hi Jessica, thanks so much for your reply. So I'd have to fill out a recognition of prior learning form but I should be able to complete third year modules that would result in a qualifying degree. I will double check with the Uni re online learning environment but I think they'd be pretty reluctant to allow that unfortunately.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, thanks so much for your reply. So I'd have to fill out a recognition of prior learning form but I should be able to complete third year modules that would result in a qualifying degree. I will double check with the Uni re online learning environment but I think they'd be pretty reluctant to allow that unfortunately.
It wouldn’t be an issue to switch, especially given the circumstances. You would list on your application that your first 2 years were at the previous university anyway, and you can then explain that you needed to move to an online course due to your personal circumstances.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.