Gowling WLG VC Application Question

AliceL

Standard Member
Dec 30, 2020
That’s incorrect! As she had an invite for 2 feb? Had to contac grad Rec and is now attending feb 9? We can only go off facts and not speculation.
It wasn't speculation I was quoting an email I'd received from grad rec and now I have been invited to the AC and London ACs are first two weeks of Feb (unless they add extra dates later.) I guess they must've changed the dates for Birmingham ACs since they originally emailed me. :)

I would imagine London has more spaces because of the salary difference
I was told last year Birmingham has around 15 TC places and London around 10

Tara Allen

Dec 9, 2020
As above it seems London hears first as their ACs are earlier and Birmingham will hear later

I would also imagine Birmingham has more applicants as that is their head office and they have more spaces there?
I meant as I applied to London and was told by someone in Gowling HR that we would hear by the 12th whether we had been successful or not - so I meant it is odd that someone was told a different date and I was told the 12th! I was just guessing that could be why I was told a different date, but who knows.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.