Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS858

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 48
Aug 3, 2018
Hi! I submitted my HSF application 3 days ago but haven't been sent a test. Do they review applications first or are tests sent automatically?

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Hi! I submitted my HSF application 3 days ago but haven't been sent a test. Do they review applications first or are tests sent automatically?
I got it within a few days. I believe my email said to wait 3 working days so it might just be because offices were closed on the 1st that there's a delay for you. Did you get a receipt for sending your application? If so, then it should be fine. If it gets too late, say 5 working days, I think there's no harm in sending an email.

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
I got it within a few days. I believe my email said to wait 3 working days so it might just be because offices were closed on the 1st that there's a delay for you. Did you get a receipt for sending your application? If so, then it should be fine. If it gets too late, say 5 working days, I think there's no harm in sending an email.

Also just to add onto what Hazal said, HSF’s deadline is soon approaching (I believe it is tomorrow) and as a result, there may be an influx of applications coming in all at once, this could explain why the test invite is delayed.

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
just wanted to know what people's thoughts were on video interviews- I just did one it didnt go great tbh, do you think they are looked at alongside the written application or as a standalone test?

gricole

Legendary Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Hi! I passed the video interview stage for White & Case and I am now through to the face to face interview - what should I do to prepare for this?

(I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone in this forum, you have been of great help throughout this application process :) )

How long after doing the VI did you hear back from the firm?

Eledoya

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Mar 8, 2018
    How long does it take for CMS to send you the WG test? I submitted my application yesterday afternoon and only received a confirmation that my application has been submitted.

Mohammed

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 30, 2018
    How long does it take for CMS to send you the WG test? I submitted my application yesterday afternoon and only received a confirmation that my application has been submitted.

Hi,

I received an invite for CMS's WG test two days after submission, but this was a few weeks ago. Since the deadline has just passed, they may be a bit more busy so it may be longer.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Eledoya and Salma
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.