Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys! Has anyone who has applied to HSF for the spring vacation scheme heard back from the firm post submission and passing the online test? Thanks in advance!

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
Just heard that I failed both the Dentons and Hogan Lovells tests. Really frustrating that you can spend so much time making a great application and be rejected after a 30 min test. Just goes to show that I should have definitely dedicated more time preparing. Still disappointing though.
Hi Shane, I am sorry, WG tests are hard! How long did Dentons take to inform you on the outcome of your WGT?

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys! Has anyone who has applied to HSF for the spring vacation scheme heard back from the firm post submission and passing the online test? Thanks in advance!

Nope! I applied early December still haven't heard- pretty worried because sounds like people have been hearing for a while.. When did you apply?

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
Nope! I applied early December still haven't heard- pretty worried because sounds like people have been hearing for a while.. When did you apply?
I applied end November! Do you know of anyone who's applied for the Spring/ Summer vacation scheme and has heard back from the firm?

Andreasyau1

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 17, 2018
Congratulations! Heard there are only 2 questions (one on why K&E and the other one on competencies).
I'm still waiting for an answer, can you tell me when you applied?

I got one too and I applied on Sunday (deadline day). Does anyone know how long the speaking time for each question is going to be?

STWO

Distinguished Member
Jan 5, 2019
Has anyone been invited to Mayer Brown AC? if so, if you wouldn't mind, are you able to share your VR test results? I thought my results were good but got a rejection.

Naomi

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2018
Has anyone been invited to Mayer Brown AC? if so, if you wouldn't mind, are you able to share your VR test results? I thought my results were good but got a rejection.

Not been invited to AC but have a phone interview with Mayer Brown this Friday. If anyone has tips that would be much appreciated. I also have no idea how/where I'm going to do it as the best time I could get was 2pm on Friday and I'll be at work...

And I will send you my scores if you like, it only says average, above average etc. if that's what you mean though?

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
Not been invited to AC but have a phone interview with Mayer Brown this Friday. If anyone has tips that would be much appreciated. I also have no idea how/where I'm going to do it as the best time I could get was 2pm on Friday and I'll be at work...

And I will send you my scores if you like, it only says average, above average etc. if that's what you mean though?

Can I ask how long it took you to hear back after getting your results from the test? good luck for the phone interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.