Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Sorry to hear about the post AC/interview rejections guys. I know these can be especially painful as by that point you’ve invested a lot in the firm, met the people and probably got your hopes up.

I also know these motivational posts can lose their effect after a while, but I’d just point out that to even get an interview at these kinds of places puts you at the top X% of applicants, so you must be doing something right. Get feedback if you can (although it’s not always entirely helpful), write up the questions you struggled with and try to reflect on the interview. If you fell down on an M&A question, make sure you can ace that question the next time. If it was motivation, think about how you can really convince a firm that you want to work there.

All that said, remember, it’s not always the case that you did anything wrong and quite possible you were a strong candidate (maybe you just didn’t click with one particular partner).

Finally, let yourself grieve for a little while (I used to fight that but it’s completely ok to be upset!), give yourself a little break and then put that energy into the next one. I really think so much of it is about interview technique, so if you keep practicing those questions (which firms quite often repeat), you should be getting closer and closer to your goal.

Chester27

Standard Member
    Sep 17, 2018
    From my own personal experience HSF certainly take their time. I know someone who is in the same boat as you. I wouldn't take it as a PFO just yet.

Received an AC invite from Ropes & Gray but not a huge amount of information available on it -- anyone been to one of their ACs?

Did the AC a few months ago so I'm happy to help. PM me.

Amanda

Star Member
    Jan 2, 2019
    Excited to say i've been invited to an ac at BCLP! It's my first ever ac!

The email just says:

'A drafting exercise, a business style role play, a group negotiation and a competency based interview with a member of HR or an Associate'.

Any guidance from someone who has completed at ac with them before would be really amazing :)
    Hi congrats on your success! I was just wondering was this for a vac scheme or tc?

Reactions: ELA

MJC

Jul 15, 2018
    Does anybody have any information on Goodwin Procter? Seems to be a very low key firm and I have an interview coming up soon. Anything would be super helpful :)

I had an interview there last year.

It was super conversational and I wasn't really asked any competency questions or questions about the firm. However, I would recommend using this to your advantage and try to explain why Goodwin and why you are interested in the core practice areas.

Feel free to PM me if you need any more information.

• 🏆
    • 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen and TheCustardPants
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.