Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMF_II

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Hey Guys - has anyone done the A&O Situational Judgement Test recently? Thanks in advance!

It's a very interesting test. I enjoyed every minute of it.

You will be shown short videos about hypothetical scenarios you may encounter as a trainee at A&O. You then need to choose the most and least effective responses from a list of four options. You can't replay the videos so remember to pay attention to every detail in the video from the moment it starts.

My advice would be to try and think from the perspective of a junior lawyer when you answer the questions. Taking initiative is important, but you also need supervision. In the fast-pace environment of commercial law, you are expected to produce results as quickly as possible. Finally, when under pressure, be a reasonable teammate.

Good luck!

• 🤝
Reactions: Michelle and Jaysen

Michelle

Dec 5, 2018
It's a very interesting test. I enjoyed every minute of it.

You will be shown short videos about hypothetical scenarios you may encounter as a trainee at A&O. You then need to choose the most and least effective responses from a list of four options. You can't replay the videos so remember to pay attention to every detail in the video from the moment it starts.

My advice would be to try and think from the perspective of a junior lawyer when you answer the questions. Taking initiative is important, but you also need supervision. In the fast-pace environment of commercial law, you are expected to produce results as quickly as possible. Finally, when under pressure, be a reasonable teammate.

Good luck!
Thank you so much, really helpful! Have you found out if you have passed or not?

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
CC have started to send out AC invitations (Not confirmed yet, but I think just for the vac scheme because CC vac scheme ACs start w/c 7 January)

EDIT: One person confirmed the AC invite is for a vac scheme

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaysen

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
For people applying for summer vac schemes, just found out a friend of mine received vac scheme AC invites for Slaughter and May, Freshfields (I thought they were non-rolling?), A&O, Linklaters and White & Case, all within the past 1-2 weeks

Last edited:

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
is it likely that Freshfields are sorting their VS applications before the TC ones like CC- My email when I applied for TC said applications are non rolling and "screening will begin when the deadline has passed" and "you will hear back once all screening is complete"

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
The deadline however for Freshfields is 3 January irrespective of VS or TC application. @Salma I assume you are referring to TC app for the WG for Freshfields as finalists and graduates cannot apply for a VS. That said I attended the grad workshop and they specifically said it was non rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.