Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Very sorry to hear Alice :( Don't let it phase you though, its a long and arduous process but you'll get there! Best of luck for future applications :)
Thank you Will, I really hope so. I didn't apply to many firms this year so it makes me a bit more anxious, but you are right. Onwards and Upwards :) Best of luck to you, I have my fingers crossed :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I have yet to do the HSF test but I am really keen on them so desperately hoping things go better with them than CC evidently did!
I am sorry to hear that you guys also had rejections but I try to see it that I am sure we are all brilliant candidates in different ways and sadly we just weren't what they were looking for this time. I am sure we will all get there eventually and at the firms we are meant to work for! Wishing you all the best with your applications and don't lose faith!

Osh

Distinguished Member
Nov 18, 2018
Any advice for Slaughter & May vac scheme interview, also they offered an earlier date to interview but I'm not sure if I should wait for the later slot or take the earlier one

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Any advice for Slaughter & May vac scheme interview, also they offered an earlier date to interview but I'm not sure if I should wait for the later slot or take the earlier one
    Up to you but the only thing I'll say is that the later you leave it, the chances are places would have filled up so you may miss out purely because there's a smaller number of places available at the later slot.

Reactions: Roch1234

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Not heard back from CC

Should I worry ???
    There was a lot of speculation about what an update on your portal meant etc but I had an update on the 9th and was rejected and someone else's had not been updated since October and was rejected too. We know they are simultaneously sending rejections and AC invites and that it is happening in a stadial process over today and probably tomorrow too. Therefore, I really would advise you not to worry and that as annoying and gut-wrenching as it is, there really is no way of knowing with this one it would seem. Just try to stay calm and I really wish you the best of luck :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen, Akky123 and _Will_

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Hope my recent experience can help with aniexty/speculation re firm systems!!

Firm A. On their portal the status changed to interview invite. I didn’t receive an invite so I chased. This was a system “error”. But eventually ended up getting through to AC.

Firm B. On their online portal it said I failed the online test and was rejected. Despite me already getting an email to say I passed the test. This was a system “error”. But eventually ended up getting through to AC.

Each time it drove me to the verge of a breakdown, but there is hope!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Firm A. On their portal the status changed to interview invite. I didn’t receive an invite so I chased. This was a system “error”. But eventually ended up getting through to AC.

Firm B. On their online portal it said I failed the online test and was rejected. Despite me already getting an email to say I passed the test. This was a system “error”. But eventually ended up getting through to AC.

Two system errors! That's very unlucky!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018

Sorry to hear that you had such an ordeal with those systems! It is a nerve-wracking time as it is without the added stress, really glad you have been successful though in the end!

Do you mind me asking if you have had your ACs yet? I have one next week and I am pretty anxious about it, its my first one.

Dolores

Standard Member
    Nov 11, 2018
    Oh. My. God. I got an invite to Debevoise & Plimpton’s Open Day, where we get assessed for vacation schemes. I cried and forgot to finish my meal. I’ve been feeling daunted by January deadlines and doubting my competitiveness as a candidate. This is piece of good news is really what I needed.

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Oh. My. God. I got an invite to Debevoise & Plimpton’s Open Day, where we get assessed for vacation schemes. I cried and forgot to finish my meal. I’ve been feeling daunted by January deadlines and doubting my competitiveness as a candidate. This is piece of good news is really what I needed.

Well done! All the best for the open day, wishing you success :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Dolores and Alice G

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Sorry to hear that you had such an ordeal with those systems! It is a nerve-wracking time as it is without the added stress, really glad you have been successful though in the end!

Do you mind me asking if you have had your ACs yet? I have one next week and I am pretty anxious about it, its my first one.

Nope not yet. Agreed handling the nerves is important. Easier said than done I know, as I feel the same.

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Two system errors! That's very unlucky!

Was trying to put a positive spin on things. But I forgot to mention Firm C, which rejected me directly after submitting an application. But in their rejection email, thanked me for attending a recent interview where they enjoyed meeting me.

*** I never attended an interview unless I’ve lost my memory!!

I must be cursed.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: jae and Jaysen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.