Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianApplier

Jan 15, 2019
Hey everyone,

I'm a foreign applicant to Linklaters summer vac scheme and completed my WG test in mid-december. My application on the Portal still says Test Stage - (date of test).

Very unfamiliar with the UK big-law hiring practices but have all ACs(?) already been sent?? I haven't received a rejection email yet, just one that says application is under review. Is anyone in a similar boat?

Demna87

Distinguished Member
Aug 23, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'm a foreign applicant to Linklaters summer vac scheme and completed my WG test in mid-december. My application on the Portal still says Test Stage - (date of test).

Very unfamiliar with the UK big-law hiring practices but have all ACs(?) already been sent?? I haven't received a rejection email yet, just one that says application is under review. Is anyone in a similar boat?

Hey, I'm in exactly the same position! I'm just trying to resist any urge to contact grad recruitment.

Demna87

Distinguished Member
Aug 23, 2018
Whew good to hear! Likely one of us will cave soon :( Did you receive any feedback on the WG?
I didn't receive any feedback on the WG, but they asked me for more details on my education about a week after I took the test. I haven't heard anything since then. I would like to hope they wouldn't have asked for further information if they weren't interested at all, but other people have been sent AC's so who knows

Reactions: CanadianApplier

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks. Would you happen to know how long they take to confirm or reject an AC? Also, have you applied for summer? :)
I really wish I knew but regrettably I’m unsure myself! :) I can tell you I did apply to spring though. I know a few people are still waiting post-test to hear and I think it could take a bit of time :) I’m trying to forget about it for now because otherwise it’ll drive me crazy but that’s easier said than done! Wishing you the best with your other apps too! :)

Reactions: SB

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I still haven't received an email but I definitely submitted by test on Friday morning :(

I can appreciate that you have been waiting because I’ve been following this thread with HSF in mind because I was quite anxious about the test. I really don’t know how everything works but I genuinely think no news is good news, I wish I could offer something more but ultimately the weekend is a build up and perhaps they work backwards?

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
I can appreciate that you have been waiting because I’ve been following this thread with HSF in mind because I was quite anxious about the test. I really don’t know how everything works but I genuinely think no news is good news, I wish I could offer something more but ultimately the weekend is a build up and perhaps they work backwards?

Thanks, yeah fingers crossed

Reactions: Alice G

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
I really wish I knew but regrettably I’m unsure myself! :) I can tell you I did apply to spring though. I know a few people are still waiting post-test to hear and I think it could take a bit of time :) I’m trying to forget about it for now because otherwise it’ll drive me crazy but that’s easier said than done! Wishing you the best with your other apps too! :)

I'm waiting and can confirm am being driven crazy doing so haha

Reactions: Alice G

alex_cole987

Sep 10, 2018
Thank you everyone who has shared their experiences and tips on here, I don't think I could've done it without you all.

A massive thank you to Jaysen as well for all the resources he has provided on here.

I am pleased to say that I have finally been offered a training contract at a magic circle firm after years of submitting applications, attending events and facing so many rejections.

Again a massive thank you to everyone and best of luck with all of your applications.

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Thank you everyone who has shared their experiences and tips on here, I don't think I could've done it without you all.

A massive thank you to Jaysen as well for all the resources he has provided on here.

I am pleased to say that I have finally been offered a training contract at a magic circle firm after years of submitting applications, attending events and facing so many rejections.

Again a massive thank you to everyone and best of luck with all of your applications.

Many congratulations Alex!

Roch1234

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2018

Amazing!! Well done.

Reactions: alex_cole987

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018

Huge congrats Alex! Very happy for you :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Terrific news Alex, well done!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.