Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
I don’t see an issue with this at all. Just be polite and say that you appreciate how busy they are this time of year etc. But there is no harm in wanting to know where you stand in my opinion :)

Yes! I think email or perhaps call them to chase up your outcome quicker. As Alice just mentioned there is definitely no harm in knowing your position.

Best of luck!

Thank you, I'll drop them an email!

Reactions: Alice G

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
After 59 applications over the course of a number of cycles, countless rejections and giving it blood, sweat and tears, I’ve finally managed to secure a Training Contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you to everyone on here that’s helped along the way!

The process is brutal and stressful!! At one point, I had given up! But, there is hope! Stay strong! It just takes one! Just one yes! Just one person to believe in you! The feeling of getting that offer is unreal! I promise you, it makes all the blood, sweat and tears worth it!!

#Keep believing! #It only takes one!

I’ve posted these lame movie quotes before, but remember:

“Others may question your credentials, your papers, your degrees. Others may look for all kinds of ways to diminish your worth. But what is inside you no one can take from you or tarnish. This is your worth, who you really are, your degree that can go with you wherever you go, that you bring with you the moment you come into a room, that can't be manipulated or shaken. Without that sense of self, no amount of paper, no pedigree, and no credentials can make you legit. No matter what, you have to feel legit inside first.”

“Don’t ever let someone tell you they can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves they’re gona tell you can’t do it. You want something. Go get it. Period.”

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that.”
Well done indeed - so so happy for you .

Reactions: AJ

SGA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
I don’t see an issue with this at all. Just be polite and say that you appreciate how busy they are this time of year etc. But there is no harm in wanting to know where you stand in my opinion :)

Do you think it's wise to mention that I have an interview invite from another firm for the same scheme and I don't want to confirm until I know the AC outcome?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Do you think it's wise to mention that I have an interview invite from another firm for the same scheme and I don't want to confirm until I know the AC outcome?

This is my first cycle and not too sure I’m best placed to say. I think that if you decide to do so you should state that they are your preferred firm, just to be clear, and that you don’t want to unwittingly breach any codes of conduct :)

Reactions: S30

v123

Valued Member
Jan 16, 2019
Thanks Jada - my timeline is basically identical to yours! Except they are still reviewing my app.... Is your AC on Feb 1?
I am also still waiting to hear back from RPC- submitted an app and did the reasoning tests. The email said responses would be sent out by the end of February but maybe I was rejected haha.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

I wouldn't mention it at this point. Only if you had an offer from the other firm.

Reactions: AJ

STWO

Distinguished Member
    Jan 5, 2019
    I am also still waiting to hear back from RPC- submitted an app and did the reasoning tests. The email said responses would be sent out by the end of February but maybe I was rejected haha.

I'm still waiting too! They said in an email to me that they are holding ACs all throughout February so don't consider yourself rejected!!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: v123

Abstruser

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Jul 19, 2018
    Is it worth e-mailing grad recruitment to find out when we can expect to find out the outcome of an AC if it's been 2 weeks and they said they would let us know by the end of last week?

I would call them up. I didn't hear from a firm for 3 weeks (I was supposed to hear back within 2), and it turned out they had gotten my phone number wrong. I ended up being offered a TC! So I would definitely ring up GR if they're taking longer than expected!

SGA

Star Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    I would call them up. I didn't hear from a firm for 3 weeks (I was supposed to hear back within 2), and it turned out they had gotten my phone number wrong. I ended up being offered a TC! So I would definitely ring up GR if they're taking longer than expected!

That's crazy! I already e-mailed so lets see what they say but thank you!

Reactions: Abstruser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.