Paaris

• Dec 18, 2020
    I don't think I've ever cried so hard after a VI before so I'm also not holding out for much, but have some comfort in seeing others struggled a bit too.
    Honestly, the worst VI ever - not helped by the fact that I did it during a particularly gloomy stormy afternoon so it was dark, next door's building works started up during my first question AND I didn't look at the camera once. And then there is the matter of those questions...

Hopefully they'll put us out of our misery soon.

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    I don't think I've ever cried so hard after a VI before so I'm also not holding out for much, but have some comfort in seeing others struggled a bit too.
    Honestly, the worst VI ever - not helped by the fact that I did it during a particularly gloomy stormy afternoon so it was dark, next door's building works started up during my first question AND I didn't look at the camera once. And then there is the matter of those questions...

Sorry to hear about your experience with the VI. Agreed - hopefully we will hear back soon.

If anybody hears back from Kennedys (via any channel), please share with the group. We'd appreciate your insight.

Lilz

Esteemed Member
    Dec 16, 2020

Honestly, the video interviews ive done that I thought went bad, I actually did well in and progressed. The ones where I thought I did good, I didn’t get through.

Obviously, I don’t know your circumstances, but let’s say I prepped to 100% max effort theoretically and only 60% of what I prepped came up, I’d be shooting myself in the foot thinking I did terrible as nearly half of it went to waste . But If I only prepped to 40% and 30% of that content came up, I’d feel much better about myself. However, obviously I actually performed a lot better in the first one?

So sometimes when we try hard and prep hard, our expectations are higher and we panic more internally (they don’t notice this though) as we’re not expecting any unexpected questions.

Lilz

Esteemed Member
    Dec 16, 2020
    Given that it hasn’t been a week yet since the deadline date, I reckon AC offers will be dished out next week. I think usually they notify you about 2-3 weeks after VI.

Leightoncass

Distinguished Member
    Mar 23, 2021
    Ah no way! How do you know this?
    Recruiters say so. ^ Exhibit A above 😂 Fridays if anything are when rejections are sent because offers are sent on Thursdays 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Offers are always sent first in case someone cancels or can’t make it, then they go to the next person on the list who would have been rejected. It would be awkward if they rejected someone and then had to email them back saying they had an offer after all because someone declined the offer.
    Specifically offers & rejections are rarely sent out on Monday because there’s too many emails and things to catch up on from the weekend.
    Tuesdays are popular because they’re quieter than Mondays. Thursdays are also popular because its a good time to send an offer before the weekend rolls around. Fridays are busy as they try to settle everything they need to by the weekend.
    For similar reasons the most popular times for sending offers/rejections are 10-12 and then 5-7. Not sure who this useless info will help but since you asked there you go 😂

Lilz

Esteemed Member
    Dec 16, 2020
    Recruiters say so. ^ Exhibit A above 😂 Fridays if anything are when rejections are sent because offers are sent on Thursdays 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Offers are always sent first in case someone cancels or can’t make it, then they go to the next person on the list who would have been rejected. It would be awkward if they rejected someone and then had to email them back saying they had an offer after all because someone declined the offer.
    Specifically offers & rejections are rarely sent out on Monday because there’s too many emails and things to catch up on from the weekend.
    Tuesdays are popular because they’re quieter than Mondays. Thursdays are also popular because its a good time to send an offer before the weekend rolls around. Fridays are busy as they try to settle everything they need to by the weekend.
    For similar reasons the most popular times for sending offers/rejections are 10-12 and then 5-7. Not sure who this useless info will help but since you asked there you go 😂
    Ahhh okay, what a great observation. Thanks for this!

I did receive an AC offer (not from Kennedys) but another firm this Monday just gone, but ofc there are exceptions to the rule.

I see sometimes that people are usually kept on waiting lists etc and sometimes offers and rejections are sent out on the same day!

Don’t worry, ’m not trying to disprove your theory… I’m just trying to be hopeful that we make it to the AC!😂😂😂.

Best of luck

Leightoncass

Distinguished Member
    Mar 23, 2021
    Ahhh okay, what a great observation. Thanks for this!

I did receive an AC offer (not from Kennedys) but another firm this Monday just gone, but ofc there are exceptions to the rule.

I see sometimes that people are usually kept on waiting lists etc and sometimes offers and rejections are sent out on the same day!

Don’t worry, ’m not trying to disprove your theory… I’m just trying to be hopeful that we make it to the AC!😂😂😂.

Best of luck
    Ahahaha no worries it’s not my theory. Like I said heard this from a recruiter but doesn’t mean it’s always the case!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.