Davidsach

Standard Member
Jul 12, 2021
No it isn't, don't worry – I didn't know until last year either!

I think @Praying4TC2022 has explained it pretty well! If you're at ULaw (and I'm sure other providers do this too) the employability team has created a document with a long list of example interview questions, breaking it down into competency, strengths etc which I found quite helpful in being able to differentiate between the two.

Happy to share the ULaw one if anyone needs :)
I finished my LPC at ULaw but its been a short while. Would it trouble you at all to send me a copy please. Thank you!

Reactions: FK7991

cjc44

Standard Member
Dec 22, 2021
Hey!

To answer the questions I got, the questions are very generic. As people have said, you have one motivation, one strength and one competence question.

In hindsight, I would've just prepared by going through my experiences and my research on the firm rather than trying to memorise prepared answers. Keeping calm and composed is something I unfortunately did not do during my VI.

Good luck everyone!

dani2000

Feb 9, 2022
Hey!

To answer the questions I got, the questions are very generic. As people have said, you have one motivation, one strength and one competence question.

In hindsight, I would've just prepared by going through my experiences and my research on the firm rather than trying to memorise prepared answers. Keeping calm and composed is something I unfortunately did not do during my VI.

Good luck everyone!
Thank you! Good luck im praying we all get some good news <3

Reactions: Praying4TC2022

Davidsach

Standard Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hey!

Good luck everyone!
Thank you for this. Wishing you every success. I usually do the same, and sometimes go over unrelated things and the nerves get to me! Interesting to hear no commercial awareness questions then.

Reactions: Praying4TC2022

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Does anyone know if they grant extensions for the VI?
    I suspect they might in limited instances. However, a request would likely need to be made prior to the VI submission deadline. I was provided a window of two weeks to complete my VI (by 16th Feb). I am not sure when your deadline is; but, presuming it has not passed, I would suggest you make your request ASAP .. with 'good reason' :)

Good luck!

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Hey!

Good luck everyone!
    Thank you @cjc44 - this is some very helpful insight for the group! Good luck with your outcome - I am sure it went better than you think :)

LegalAmin

Star Member
    Aug 4, 2021
    Can anyone share what the style of questions were? Kennedys missed my VI email on the 3rd so when I contacted them yesterday, they’ve given me till Friday to do it! Panicking as I’m terrible with VIs

Leightoncass

Distinguished Member
    Mar 23, 2021
    Can anyone share what the style of questions were? Kennedys missed my VI email on the 3rd so when I contacted them yesterday, they’ve given me till Friday to do it! Panicking as I’m terrible with VIs
    Maybe I’m just bitter cuz I feel that I did shit, but in my *personal opinion* the question were stupid. And you dont need to prepare. Like you can do the interview knowing absolutely nothing about the firm because they questions were generic AF. They could have literally been interviewing for a car salesman

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.