Leightoncass

Distinguished Member
Mar 23, 2021
Not at all - this was not immediately obvious to me. Having just conducted a quick google search I found that “strength-based” interview questions are geared toward uncovering your strengths. It’s a relatively new style of interview and it is gaining popularity among decision-makers. Interviewers use it to get a better feel about your inner motivations.

Examples of strength-based questions include:
  • What energizes you first thing in the morning?
  • What could you do to help a colleague who is struggling with a lot of complex decisions?
  • What do you consider to be your most significant achievement?
  • How do you resolve sudden obstacles when they interfere with your plans?
Hope that helps.
thank you!

wednesday9feb

Feb 9, 2022
Anyone done the VI? I am quite nervous as they can really ask any question they want. Can anyone provide an insight

Based on looking through the forums here and on thestudentroom, these are the questions I'm preparing for -

Why Kennedys?
Why this SQE programme/TC? (more relevant if you're applying to one of their specific departments)

And then a few competency-based Qs such as
Tell us about a time you...
Worked well in a team?
Overcame a difficult challenge?
Prioritised competing deadlines?

And then some more general strengths:
Tell us about an achievement you're proud of?
Tell us about a weakness you identified and how you worked on it?

And also -
Tell us about a recent case that interested you?

These are only what I'm preparing based on information available on forums - I have no additional insight whatsoever!!
But hope it helps :)

cjc44

Standard Member
Dec 22, 2021
Based on looking through the forums here and on thestudentroom, these are the questions I'm preparing for -

Why Kennedys?
Why this SQE programme/TC? (more relevant if you're applying to one of their specific departments)

And then a few competency-based Qs such as
Tell us about a time you...
Worked well in a team?
Overcame a difficult challenge?
Prioritised competing deadlines?

And then some more general strengths:
Tell us about an achievement you're proud of?
Tell us about a weakness you identified and how you worked on it?

And also -
Tell us about a recent case that interested you?

These are only what I'm preparing based on information available on forums - I have no additional insight whatsoever!!
But hope it helps :)
Legend! Thank you :)

Reactions: wednesday9feb

cjc44

Standard Member
Dec 22, 2021
Hey guys,

I was wondering what the timing was like? They say 3 questions but are also saying this will take 15-20 minutes. Are they expecting us to take 5-7 mins each answer?

FK7991

Jun 21, 2021
I definitely did not do as well in that interview as I liked but hopefully I can get through to the AC
I'm sure it went much better than you thought it did, it's always so hard to tell with video interviews so fingers crossed!

Would you possibly mind sharing the timings with us? Was it still 3 questions with 15 seconds to prep and 1min 30 seconds to answer? Were you asked any commercial awareness questions by any chance? Thank you!

Reactions: dani2000

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.