Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Hi all!

This forum is for sharing information regarding the Kennedys 2023 Training Contract application process.

The purpose of this thread will be to:
    • share updates on status of application process;
    • share insight re: Application / SST / VI / AC
    • encourage and motivate one another throughout the process.
    Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Last edited:

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Congratulations everyone, I got one too last night :)

Last year it was 1 motivational question, 1 personality-based question, and 1 strengths-based question. We had 15 seconds to prepare, 1 minute 30 seconds to answer, and you could pause between each question. Not sure if it'll be the same this year though!
    Congratulations to you also.

Thanks for the insight - that's helpful.

Last edited:
    Reactions: FK7991

Leightoncass

Distinguished Member
    Mar 23, 2021
    Congratulations everyone, I got one too last night :)

Last year it was 1 motivational question, 1 personality-based question, and 1 strengths-based question. We had 15 seconds to prepare, 1 minute 30 seconds to answer, and you could pause between each question. Not sure if it'll be the same this year though!
    Sorry if this is obvious but whats a strength based question??

Reactions: Praying4TC2022

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Not at all - this was not immediately obvious to me. Having just conducted a quick google search I found that “strength-based” interview questions are geared toward uncovering your strengths. It’s a relatively new style of interview and it is gaining popularity among decision-makers. Interviewers use it to get a better feel about your inner motivations.

Examples of strength-based questions include:
    • What energizes you first thing in the morning?
    • What could you do to help a colleague who is struggling with a lot of complex decisions?
    • What do you consider to be your most significant achievement?
    • How do you resolve sudden obstacles when they interfere with your plans?
    Hope that helps.

FK7991

Jun 21, 2021
    No it isn't, don't worry – I didn't know until last year either!

I think @Praying4TC2022 has explained it pretty well! If you're at ULaw (and I'm sure other providers do this too) the employability team has created a document with a long list of example interview questions, breaking it down into competency, strengths etc which I found quite helpful in being able to differentiate between the two.

Happy to share the ULaw one if anyone needs :)

Reactions: Praying4TC2022

T.

Premium Member
    Jan 7, 2022

I think @Praying4TC2022 has explained it pretty well! If you're at ULaw (and I'm sure other providers do this too) the employability team has created a document with a long list of example interview questions, breaking it down into competency, strengths etc which I found quite helpful in being able to differentiate between the two.

Happy to share the ULaw one if anyone needs :)
    Hey, im at Ulaw can you tell where I can find this document?

FK7991

Jun 21, 2021
    Hey, im at Ulaw can you tell where I can find this document?
    let me know too please!
    Of course! On the homepage of Elite go to:

Employability Service > Employability on Elite > Careers Resources > 8. Preparing for Interviews > Legal Career Guide - Resources > Resource Book. From page 26 onwards there are some example questions.

It also looks like they've also now got a way to practice VIs (in the section below Legal Career Guide - Resources) but I haven't tried this yet so don't know if it's any good!

Hope this is helpful! :)

Reactions: T.

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021
    Of course! On the homepage of Elite go to:

Employability Service > Employability on Elite > Careers Resources > 8. Preparing for Interviews > Legal Career Guide - Resources > Resource Book. From page 26 onwards there are some example questions.

It also looks like they've also now got a way to practice VIs (in the section below Legal Career Guide - Resources) but I haven't tried this yet so don't know if it's any good!

Hope this is helpful! :)
    Thanks!

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022

Happy to share the ULaw one if anyone nee
    @FK7991 - thanks for this. I'd be grateful if you could share the separately :)

Reactions: FK7991

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi guys - good luck on making it through to the next stage. I was wondering if anyone has an idea where I can find Kennedys annual report?
    Hey @MartineA,

Just taking a quick look on Google, this is the closest thing I could find to an Annual Report. That being said, I haven't looked for that long. Be mindful that this was published halfway through 2021, so will be a little outdated. I hope it is better than nothing though!

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and Praying4TC2022

MartineA

Star Member
    Jan 25, 2022
    Hey @MartineA,

Just taking a quick look on Google, this is the closest thing I could find to an Annual Report. That being said, I haven't looked for that long. Be mindful that this was published halfway through 2021, so will be a little outdated. I hope it is better than nothing though!
    This is great - thanks so much - I couldn't find anything more recent but it looks like it runs with the financial year so this might be the most up-to-date.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.