KceeCan

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    Ahhh mines on Friday, how did you find it?
    How did you find it? I just had mine today
    How did you find it? I just had mine today
    It went okay for me I guess. I did feel time pressured on some assessments but all in all okay? How did you all find it?

I was surprised that there was no group assessments and I’m not sure if you’re scored throughout the whole process i.e. during the ice breaker and trainee Q&A?

User1999_

Standard Member
    Mar 7, 2022
    It went okay for me I guess. I did feel time pressured on some assessments but all in all okay? How did you all find it?

I was surprised that there was no group assessments and I’m not sure if you’re scored throughout the whole process i.e. during the ice breaker and trainee Q&A?
    Yeah I agree with the time pressure point ! I think also I had more to write but there was quite a strict word limit. I thought there would be a group assessment too and I am not too sure either. My senior associate was really nice, how did you find the interview part or do you have this scheduled for another day? I do wonder how they score everything as a whole too

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    Also, anyone aware of how many TC places there are now that there are also
    Yeah I agree with the time pressure point ! I think also I had more to write but there was quite a strict word limit. I thought there would be a group assessment too and I am not too sure either. My senior associate was really nice, how did you find the interview part or do you have this scheduled for another day? I do wonder how they score everything as a whole too
    Ah same feeling with the word count! I haven’t had my interview yet. It’s tomorrow with a SA in financial and political risks. Which department was your interviewer from? Best of luck and hopefully we all get some good results! 🙏🏼

Leightoncass

Distinguished Member
    Mar 23, 2021
    It is an automated email that hasn't pulled your first name correctly from their database.

Either a human or technical error (happens a lot!).
    Which takes me back to my original point, they can’t take a minute to fill in every applicant’s name, when we spent hours researching the firm, doing SSTs for them and VIs? This wasn’t the online app stage. This was a step before the AC. You’d think they’d be a little more respectful but maybe that’s just me :)

Reactions: Yeezy777

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Which takes me back to my original point, they can’t take a minute to fill in every applicant’s name, when we spent hours researching the firm, doing SSTs for them and VIs? This wasn’t the online app stage. This was a step before the AC. You’d think they’d be a little more respectful but maybe that’s just me :)
    Time is of the essence - if the error hadn’t have happened, you might not have ever known they weren’t sent individually.

The irony is if they did it manually there is probably even more risk of them getting it wrong!

User1999_

Standard Member
    Mar 7, 2022
    Also, anyone aware of how many TC places there are now that there are also

Ah same feeling with the word count! I haven’t had my interview yet. It’s tomorrow with a SA in financial and political risks. Which department was your interviewer from? Best of luck and hopefully we all get some good results! 🙏🏼

Oh yeah does anyone know how many places there are for the SQE route ?? I remember seeing last year there was like 11? But I am not too sure.
    Oh nice good luck for your interview ! Lmk how it goes! My SA was in the London Liability team focused on personal injury I am pretty sure. Did you apply for the SQE London Liability?

t.elle97

Mar 11, 2022
    Oh yeah does anyone know how many places there are for the SQE route ?? I remember seeing last year there was like 11? But I am not too sure.
    Oh nice good luck for your interview ! Lmk how it goes! My SA was in the London Liability team focused on personal injury I am pretty sure. Did you apply for the SQE London Liability?
    I had my AC and SA interview for the London Liability team this week too! How did you find it?
    I think I remember also seeing 11 spaces or so across the London office - maybe this would be 2 trainees per team?

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    I had my AC and SA interview for the London Liability team this week too! How did you find it?
    I think I remember also seeing 11 spaces or so across the London office - maybe this would be 2 trainees per team?
    Oh not sure about the SQE as I applied for a TC role. Can I ask who your interviewers were? I have experience working with the team and they are a great team! Wish you both the best of luck! :)

t.elle97

Mar 11, 2022
    Oh not sure about the SQE as I applied for a TC role. Can I ask who your interviewers were? I have experience working with the team and they are a great team! Wish you both the best of luck! :)
    Thank you - wishing you the best of luck too!

Do you currently work there within another role? I was interviewed by a lady called Lucy, it barely felt like an interview and she made me feel so relaxed. Hope your interview went well.

Reactions: KceeCan

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    Thank you - wishing you the best of luck too!

Do you currently work there within another role? I was interviewed by a lady called Lucy, it barely felt like an interview and she made me feel so relaxed. Hope your interview went well.
    Yes - I work within a sub-team within the Liability team but I am currently on leave until Oct this year. She's not in my sub-team but she is lovely! I find that everyone I've encountered in the firm are generally nice and friendly. Thanks - hope we hear back soon!

Jazzy1789

Mar 9, 2022
    Does anyone know how many ACs they are carrying out for one SQE team? I also had an AC for Professional Liability this week but thought that would be the only one they are running due to the limited number of roles - now I'm worried that this may not be the case😩

Hanna Reeves

Mar 3, 2021
    How did everyones ACs and SA interviews go? - I had both of mine today for the proff liability SQE route and thought it went okay but definitely couldve gone better! I spent so long on one section I didnt complete another :( However another person in my AC mentioned they ran out of time so I'm guessing Im not the only one

t.elle97

Mar 11, 2022
    How did everyones ACs and SA interviews go? - I had both of mine today for the proff liability SQE route and thought it went okay but definitely couldve gone better! I spent so long on one section I didnt complete another :( However another person in my AC mentioned they ran out of time so I'm guessing Im not the only one
    You’re definitely not the only one. I was recording the video during my first section and it cut me off after 40 secs, so I didn’t get the full 2 mins😭. I guess many people would have experienced issues and we are assessed on the interview and assessment centre as a whole too - so try not to worry too much.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.