Lydia

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Hi Lydia,

I successfully completed the AC last year and can confirm there was no group exercise but rather Q&A with current trainees. This may seem casual but we are told that we were still being assessed at that point. Not sure if assessment is the same throughout differing roles but I applied for a direct TC had to do video responses on some parts of the assessments.

In terms of the SA interview it was very straightforward - more strengths-based if anything.

Hope that helps and best of luck!
Hi there,

Thanks so much for your response. Thats very helpful.

in terms of the Q&A thats where I am a bit confused. I had to change AC due to it clashing with one my LPC exams - they specified in the email that the one I was changing to wasn't for the London direct TC (it was TC London/Bermuda) and so the Q&A 'may not be relevant' - this sounded to me that they wouldn't be assessing me during this point. They also confirmed me switching to this AC would not be detrimental.

I am assuming I should just prepare more general questions to ask for the Q&A - as the trainees will not be from the exact route I am applying to - i..e, questions about the firm itself etc.

Please can I just ask whether your Q&A was very structured on the exact TC you applied for?

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hi Lydia,

I successfully completed the AC last year and can confirm there was no group exercise but rather Q&A with current trainees. This may seem casual but we are told that we were still being assessed at that point. Not sure if assessment is the same throughout differing roles but I applied for a direct TC had to do video responses on some parts of the assessments.

In terms of the SA interview it was very straightforward - more strengths-based if anything.

Hope that helps and best of luck!
Thank you for sharing this! Do you mind sharing what the video responses were related to? :) not specifically or anything I was just wondering if this was like an VI question or a SJT scenario?

jq

Standard Member
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2021
Is anyone who has successfully applied to Kennedys' vacation scheme willing to share their applications? Since there is no database for any applications to Kennedy's. It would help a lot and I would really appreciate it!!

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    Hi there,

Thanks so much for your response. Thats very helpful.

in terms of the Q&A thats where I am a bit confused. I had to change AC due to it clashing with one my LPC exams - they specified in the email that the one I was changing to wasn't for the London direct TC (it was TC London/Bermuda) and so the Q&A 'may not be relevant' - this sounded to me that they wouldn't be assessing me during this point. They also confirmed me switching to this AC would not be detrimental.

I am assuming I should just prepare more general questions to ask for the Q&A - as the trainees will not be from the exact route I am applying to - i..e, questions about the firm itself etc.

Please can I just ask whether your Q&A was very structured on the exact TC you applied for?

Not sure what the metrics are for assessing the Q&A to be honest but HR would of course be the best source and if they say it's not detrimental then you should be all good. :) Also, it may be that they have changed it from how I had mine last year. In any case, I don't think changing AC dates would make a difference to be honest especially that the Bermuda/London TC requires the trainee to be based in London too for part of their TC. In my experience, Q&A tends to be questions that show you are interested in the firm as a whole and the sector / practice areas it operates in. There are some questions about transitioning into the role etc too. My one was definitely not specific to London TC apart from the seats that are offered in London only.

• Love
    Reactions: Lydia

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    Thank you for sharing this! Do you mind sharing what the video responses were related to? :) not specifically or anything I was just wondering if this was like an VI question or a SJT scenario?
    I don't recall all the tasks exactly but I remember there was one where I had to leave a voicemail in response to a work situation so more SJT. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Ameliaa

Lydia

Star Member
    Nov 5, 2020
    It was quite different to other assesment centres and I ran out of time during a few of the tasks, but just taking it as a learning experience :) how did you find it?

I had mine yesterday and felt the exact same. I don't think I had a single task where I didn't run out of time! and found it a bit difficult to flick through the docs. But it definitely was a good learning experience.

I have had my interview today and that was lovely - it was nice not to speak to a screen for once!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Ameliaa

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 4, 2022
    I had mine yesterday and felt the exact same. I don't think I had a single task where I didn't run out of time! and found it a bit difficult to flick through the docs. But it definitely was a good learning experience.

I have had my interview today and that was lovely - it was nice not to speak to a screen for once!
    I completely agree I felt there wasn't enough time to consume the info and then write out a response that covered everything. But think most people struggled a little with that! Glad your interview went well :)

Milliejones02

Mar 24, 2023
    Hi all!

This forum is for sharing information regarding the Kennedys 2023 Training Contract application process.

The purpose of this thread will be to:
    • share updates on status of application process;
    • share insight re: Application / SST / VI / AC
    • encourage and motivate one another throughout the process.
    Looking forward to hearing from you all.
    Has anyone heard back from their VI 2023? I have seen people have had rejections but I’ve not heard anything.

Milliejones02

Mar 24, 2023
    Hi all!

This forum is for sharing information regarding the Kennedys 2023 Training Contract application process.

The purpose of this thread will be to:
    • share updates on status of application process;
    • share insight re: Application / SST / VI / AC
    • encourage and motivate one another throughout the process.
    Looking forward to hearing from you all.
    Has anyone heard back from the VI? I have heard people have had rejections but I still haven’t heard anything.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.