Missing module

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
I mistakenly did not include a non-law module that does not count towards my degree classification. Do I need to communicate this to recruitment teams and if yes how?
I personally would email them with this information since the grade is on your transcript. I am sure it will not impact your chances but it is just best to upfront about these things rather than just be caught afterwards. So, my advice is always be upfront when it comes to disclosing important information. The grade did not count to your classification anyway so they might not even care but at least you have been honest.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks for the reply! Yes it unfortunately was a lot lower and I was not aware it would be on my transcript.
As it is a lot lower, it is important to provide clarity on this, as it could be seen that you were purposely withholding this information given the low grade.

If you are invited to the next stage of the process, flag it up at the point you are invited and before you complete that next stage. I don’t think it is beneficial to update them right now, unless you are at the final stages of the recruitment process.

Reactions: I’m_Batman

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.