Norton Rose Fulbright - Other Information

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Looking at the questions Norton Rose Fulbright ask on their application form, I was a little thrown by this additional bit:

Please use this section to provide additional information about yourself and/or your experience that is relevant to this application. (100 words max)*

It seems like it's a required section due to the star, but I know I can always put N/A and skip it. But does anyone reckon it is crucial to add something here? And if so, what could that be? Do I have to expand on my work experience/sell myself? Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Looking at the questions Norton Rose Fulbright ask on their application form, I was a little thrown by this additional bit:

Please use this section to provide additional information about yourself and/or your experience that is relevant to this application. (100 words max)*

It seems like it's a required section due to the star, but I know I can always put N/A and skip it. But does anyone reckon it is crucial to add something here? And if so, what could that be? Do I have to expand on my work experience/sell myself? Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

Hey Hazal!

Great question.

I think it is better if you sell yourself even more, a few successful NRF’s apps I have read from a few friends mention or continue to stress unique selling points they possess and why they should be chosen for the vacation scheme/training contract place.

I hope the above helps.

Reactions: Hazal

Yminh

Star Member
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018

In the past, I used this section to tell the recruiters more about my extracurricular activities that I did not get to include in the work experiences section, such as experience managing a student society, or small achievements in my academic study that I did not already get a chance to mention, i.e. quarter-finalist of negotiation competition. But I did struggle to fill this space sometimes if all of those experiences were already mentioned, i.e. they may have formed part of my answer to a competency-based application question. But hope this helps :)

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
I always find it strange when law firms do this! I agree though - try to put in information that you have not covered in the rest of your app. You could even tie this in with what skills you'd bring to Norton Rose Fulbright.

Oliver Wick

Aug 29, 2018

Hi!

I'm starting my application for NRF now, can you message me the other questions so I can get ahead? (from last year)

Any info appreciated,

thank you!

Josie

Aug 15, 2019
Hi!

I'm starting my application for NRF now, can you message me the other questions so I can get ahead? (from last year)

Any info appreciated,

thank you!
If you have any responses regarding the application questions would you mind forwarding them to me? I'm trying to do the same as you but struggling to find them! I'll let you know if I have any luck :)

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Hi!

Any info appreciated,

thank you!
Hey Oliver!
This was posted on a premium board:

Norton Rose Fulbright
Describe your involvement in any extra-curricular activities, including any positions of responsibility held. (150 words max)
2. Tell us about a project you have recently worked on as part of a team. Describe your role, the outcome and what you learned. (150 words max)*
3. When have you worked under pressure? Please use a recent example to demonstrate how you overcame the challenges you faced. (150 words max)*
4. What issue have you been following in the press and how might this affect our global practice? (200 words max)*
5. Why do you think you will be a good lawyer? Why are you applying to Norton Rose Fulbright? (200 words ma
6. Please use this section to provide additional information about yourself and/or your experience that is relevant to this application. (100 words max)*

Hope it helps :)

Oliver Wick

Aug 29, 2018
Hey Oliver!
This was posted on a premium board:

Norton Rose Fulbright
Describe your involvement in any extra-curricular activities, including any positions of responsibility held. (150 words max)
2. Tell us about a project you have recently worked on as part of a team. Describe your role, the outcome and what you learned. (150 words max)*
3. When have you worked under pressure? Please use a recent example to demonstrate how you overcame the challenges you faced. (150 words max)*
4. What issue have you been following in the press and how might this affect our global practice? (200 words max)*
5. Why do you think you will be a good lawyer? Why are you applying to Norton Rose Fulbright? (200 words ma
6. Please use this section to provide additional information about yourself and/or your experience that is relevant to this application. (100 words max)*

Hope it helps :)

Thank you! Very helpful.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.