Slaughter & May Winter workshop

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    It's 15 days till it begins though so I don't really understand their process.

Tbf, as no travel arrangements etc need to be made I would say that 15 days is quite a long way away...

Surely that means though that the scheme is after the TC deadline? That doesn't make sense as you will have to submit your application before the scheme starts?

Amy456

Esteemed Member
    Oct 5, 2020
    Tbf, as no travel arrangements etc need to be made I would say that 15 days is quite a long way away...

Surely that means though that the scheme is after the TC deadline? That doesn't make sense as you will have to submit your application before the scheme starts?

Yeah but you have to wait until the outcome of your application to apply for the TC. The TC apps close on the 11th hence the dilemma.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Yeah but you have to wait until the outcome of your application to apply for the TC. The TC apps close on the 11th hence the dilemma.

I understand that; my point was more that you don't get to incorporate anything you learn on the WW in the S and M Cover Letter

I see they've started giving out interviews for TCs

Yep - mostly people that applied in September and very early October though.

D

Deleted member 8341

Could you explain the situation? From what I can see, you guys are waiting to hear back about the workshop, but you have been told not to apply for a TC until you hear back?
    Yeah and the TC is done on a rolling basis so people are concerned they've actually been disadvantaged by applying to this workshop

D

Deleted member 8341

Has the firm said that you definitely cannot apply for a TC while you are waiting to hear the outcome?
    they said this:

• if you would like to apply for a winter workshop and a training contract, please apply for the workshop first and then apply for a training contract once you have received the outcome of your winter workshop application.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    they said this:

• if you would like to apply for a winter workshop and a training contract, please apply for the workshop first and then apply for a training contract once you have received the outcome of your winter workshop application.

Could you show me where the firm has said that?

From their FAQ, it sounds to me that if you want to apply for a TC and you feel ready to apply for one, you should go for it - especially if you want to maximise your chances when it comes to the availability of places. The exception to that is if you want to apply for the winter workshop before applying for a TC.

Can I apply to a winter workshop and a training contract at the same time?

It is not necessary to have completed work experience with us to have a successful training contract application. If you already have legal work experience and/or you feel ready to apply directly for a training contract, we would encourage you to do so. If you would still like to apply for the winter workshop before applying for a training contract, please bear in mind that training contract interviews will be scheduled and offers will be made on a rolling basis. We are therefore unable to guarantee the availability of places as we progress with these interviews.

I'd flag that I don't have any insider knowledge though, so I may be wrong on this.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.