TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM23

Esteemed Member
Dec 10, 2022
Been asked this question but there is no word limit, would it be best to pick a few examples and write about them or should I list all relevant examples in a bullet point format? "Legal Work Exposure (eg. open days, vacation schemes, shadowing, or any other work to show your commitment to law)."

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does Freshfields look at the uploaded CV or is it a mere formality? If they do, does anyone have an any insights in how they like their CVs?
No - it’s just a quirk of their applicant tracking system where it is also used for other forms of recruitment. There is no need to include a CV (it won’t be read).

Reactions: Phoebe123451

laurabeaumont

Valued Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
May 30, 2023
Does anyone have any advice for the following question on the Fried Frank application form: 'Please tell us why you believe commercial awareness is an important skill for a successful lawyer'.

Is it worth relating it back to why commercial awareness is important, specifically, for a lawyer at Fried Frank? E.g FF work with PE funds who are already very commercially aware hence the need for even more commercial awareness.

If you are going to link back this question to FF work then I'd be super careful that you (1) ensure you refer to a specific case where commercial awareness was definitely one of the skills that led to success and identify specifically which part of the commercial world that needed to be aware of and (2) that you fully understand the case study you are referring to as they may want to ask about it in depth in an interview which you need to be prepared for (especially if the interviewer is in the department you are talking about!).

• Love
Reactions: CorporateCrocodile

trainee2025

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Does Freshfields look at the uploaded CV or is it a mere formality? If they do, does anyone have an any insights in how they like their CVs?
When I applied it said to upload a CV that had module results on as there wasn’t another field on the form in which to enter those.
I don’t believe they look at any more than that however. It was a new system (workday, they previously used taleo which is still used by CC) that they used this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.