TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Did anyone use Jobtestprep to practice WG? Does anyone recommend it? I used to pass the test up to 6 months ago, but I think I need to refresh my technique. I struggle with the inferences section the most😭
    Job test prep is very good, they provide in-depth almost manual like walkthroughs of each section of the WG, I would highly recommend it.

Reactions: NMA and bibss

Fuelled By Caffeine

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 3, 2020
    I am currently applying for the PGDL via Lawcabs. I am lucky enough to have a TC, so a firm is sponsoring my place. I was wondering how important it is for me to write a supporting statement. Is this strictly necessary? Will the fact that I already have a TC suffice as evidence for my commitment to the course?

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I am currently applying for the PGDL via Lawcabs. I am lucky enough to have a TC, so a firm is sponsoring my place. I was wondering how important it is for me to write a supporting statement. Is this strictly necessary? Will the fact that I already have a TC suffice as evidence for my commitment to the course?
    Get chatGPT to write one for you and just amend as necessary...

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 17, 2021
    It might be worth double checking whether it is necessary with the university before you spend time on it. I think I did have to write one but it was very basic.
    Get chatGPT to write one for you and just amend as necessary...
    Tempting as it is (and you might be joking) I wouldn't risk an accusation of misconduct for the sake of an essay that's more or less a formality.

Reactions: Fuelled By Caffeine

Phoebe Turner

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 16, 2020
    I didn't include one - my PGDL is with BPP - got a place regardless

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    It might be worth double checking whether it is necessary with the university before you spend time on it. I think I did have to write one but it was very basic.

Tempting as it is (and you might be joking) I wouldn't risk an accusation of misconduct for the sake of an essay that's more or less a formality.
    I said it tongue-in-cheek, having said that, I do not think much emphasis is placed on it (especially at BPP).

Reactions: LlamaLaw

al2020

Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Jul 5, 2020
    Did anyone use Jobtestprep to practice WG? Does anyone recommend it? I used to pass the test up to 6 months ago, but I think I need to refresh my technique. I struggle with the inferences section the most😭
    100% would recommend. I usually go through JTP first then do CC’s full WG assessment (with a self-imposed 30min time limit). That’s enabled me to pass the WG every time I’ve had to take it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.