Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    It's been a while since I've posted on the forum but really happy to say that I've accepted the TC offer from Dentons! TCLA was a huge part of my application journey and a tremendous help. I really appreciate everything the team and the community does on this platform. I will continue lurking and helping out where I can, but also feel free to DM me with any questions - I will always answer your Qs to the best of my ability.

I also want to give back to the TCLA community - @Jessica Booker @Jaysen - are there any opportunities for me to become involved at TCLA?? Would love to join the application review team!

This is brilliant news, well done! It always means a lot to us and the rest of the community when incoming trainees stick around to help out, so thank you.

We'll be posting any opportunities to get involved here. We're expecting to announce a new round of hiring for the Product Lead team in the next week or so :)

Reactions: Rob93

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    It's been a while since I've posted on the forum but really happy to say that I've accepted the TC offer from Dentons! TCLA was a huge part of my application journey and a tremendous help. I really appreciate everything the team and the community does on this platform. I will continue lurking and helping out where I can, but also feel free to DM me with any questions - I will always answer your Qs to the best of my ability.

I also want to give back to the TCLA community - @Jessica Booker @Jaysen - are there any opportunities for me to become involved at TCLA?? Would love to join the application review team!
    A massive congratulations to you!

Happy Drag Race GIF by Paramount+

• Love
    Reactions: SCN

manifestingg

Premium Member
    Feb 9, 2022
    got a call yesterday from a partner who interviewed for a TC with an offer - stunned, shocked and deeply grateful for the TCLA community 🥹. But also they said not to mention it to other applicants as decisions are still being made, and to wait for grad Rec to formally tell me.
    My anxiety is thinking I won’t ever hear from grad rec and don’t in fact have a TC… how long is reasonable to wait and is this standard practice?

thank you alllllll for your insight & support !!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    got a call yesterday from a partner who interviewed for a TC with an offer - stunned, shocked and deeply grateful for the TCLA community 🥹. But also they said not to mention it to other applicants as decisions are still being made, and to wait for grad Rec to formally tell me.
    My anxiety is thinking I won’t ever hear from grad rec and don’t in fact have a TC… how long is reasonable to wait and is this standard practice?

thank you alllllll for your insight & support !!!
    I know it will be painful waiting this long but up to ten days I would wait.

This is a very standard practice - so please don’t worry about this.

And a massive congratulations!!

Well Done Applause GIF

rordengracie

Sep 24, 2022
    I received a TC offer letter from one of the firms I interviewed at, but they've only given me five days to accept. I want to wait until the first week of October to see if the other firm I applied to will make me an offer.

I've read other threads people have made when faced with a similar dilemma and know that I can accept the offer now and renege later. Even so, is it worth emailing the first firm to ask if they will extend the period for acceptance?

Really appreciate all the help and support this community offers!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Jedward87 and Polaranu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I received a TC offer letter from one of the firms I interviewed at, but they've only given me five days to accept. I want to wait until the first week of October to see if the other firm I applied to will make me an offer.

I've read other threads people have made when faced with a similar dilemma and know that I can accept the offer now and renege later. Even so, is it worth emailing the first firm to ask if they will extend the period for acceptance?

Really appreciate all the help and support this community offers!
    Yes, you can ask for an extension of the offer, although the firm can also say no to you. I don’t think there is any harm in asking.

gigglingsquid

Oct 30, 2021
    Does anyone have advice on how to format a client memo for an AC and how the content should be structured?
    Memos are usually for partners/ associates or a supervisor. Letters or emails are for clients. You will usually be told what needs to be included. For instance you might be told that the partner needs a summary of key issues raised in the materials provided and any next steps that you have identified. I usually use around 4-5 bullet points under each category because a memo should still be concise.

law249

Standard Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Memos are usually for partners/ associates or a supervisor. Letters or emails are for clients. You will usually be told what needs to be included. For instance you might be told that the partner needs a summary of key issues raised in the materials provided and any next steps that you have identified. I usually use around 4-5 bullet points under each category because a memo should still be concise.
    Thank you! Do you know how I would be expected to start the memo. For example, would it just have “memorandum” as a header, and then an executive summary?

Reactions: sxw517

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you! Do you know how I would be expected to start the memo. For example, would it just have “memorandum” as a header, and then an executive summary?
    I wouldn't worry too much about things like this - you are not going to be assessed on the formatting of things like headers, as this usually comes down to individual firm's house styles.

Reactions: law249
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.