TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Civ457

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2022
What are your initial thoughts on this question?
had initially had written down bullet points such as big four competitors, AI, climate crisis, legal aid cuts and firms taking on more pro Bono and developments in the healthcare industry with increase roll out of vaccines. But didn’t know how much of this is relevant or if they are too generic as points!

Civ457

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2022
had initially had written down bullet points such as big four competitors, AI, climate crisis, legal aid cuts and firms taking on more pro Bono and developments in the healthcare industry with increase roll out of vaccines. But didn’t know how much of this is relevant or if they are too generic as points!
Would the cost of living crisis also be a point to talk about?

hopefulfuturetrainee24

Jan 17, 2023
Has anyone ever done an application to Gateley for the vac scheme? If so, what was the process after the initial application and what did the assessment centre entail? Thanks!
I applied 30/11, got this email 05/12 then nothing since:

“Thank you for your application, we're looking forward to getting to know you further!

We are currently reviewing the content of the next stage of our recruitment process. We will be in touch regarding next steps shortly.

If you have any queries, please do let us know!

Kind regards

Emerging Talent Team”

Reactions: LegalC and hanz123

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
Has anyone heard back from Kirkland re their apps? I applied on 31st december but haven’t had any update from the firm? I emailed grad rec asking when they would get back to candidates, and they said they’re reviewing apps, but I’ve seen some people get VI invites. Should I be worried?

atelier

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    When did you hear back about a video interview? I also applied to this and yet to hear back about anything!
    Hey, I submitted my app late November and got the VI invite three days later. I got an email from the team in early Jan that they are currently reviewing VIs and will be getting back to us asap but not yet heard since :(

What stage are you in specifically? post-app or post-vi?

WannaLaw99

• Jan 8, 2023
    Hi everybody!

I wanted some advice on an application. I'm struggling to answer Hogan Lovell's TC app questions. Could that mean I'm not a good fit for them after all?
    I hope that doesn't sound silly, but I want to be strategic about my applications, as they all take ages to complete :(

On a lighter note - can someone please explain all the abbreviations (PFO, CMS , AC etc.) to me? Or link me to a TCLA dictionary? This newbie is lost 😂😂

Thanks a bunch!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everybody!

I wanted some advice on an application. I'm struggling to answer Hogan Lovell's TC app questions. Could that mean I'm not a good fit for them after all?
    I hope that doesn't sound silly, but I want to be strategic about my applications, as they all take ages to complete :(

On a lighter note - can someone please explain all the abbreviations (PFO, CMS , AC etc.) to me? Or link me to a TCLA dictionary? This newbie is lost 😂😂

Thanks a bunch!
    I don't think it necessarily means you are not suited to the firm. What are you struggling with specifically? Is it that you don't feel you have examples of having to "drop everything" to deliver a promise or can show when you have been innovative/entrepreneurial?

There isn't a TCLA dictionary unfortunately.

Often acronyms relate to a firm's name (e.g. CMS - is International law firm CMS | United Kingdom)

AC = assessment centre
    PFO = forum slang for receiving a rejection (Please f*ck off)

Don't be afraid to ask if you ever want clarity on terminology though - everyone in the forum is very happy to help people on their learning journey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.