TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 18, 2022
I received the invite for HL WG test on Weds at 10AM. It says to complete 'within three days of receiving this email'. Does anyone know if that means I have until 10AM Saturday to do it, or they would expect it to be on the Fri? Maybe I'm being pedantic but the 'within 3 days' seemed a little unclear!
Thanks all

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I received the invite for HL WG test on Weds at 10AM. It says to complete 'within three days of receiving this email'. Does anyone know if that means I have until 10AM Saturday to do it, or they would expect it to be on the Fri? Maybe I'm being pedantic but the 'within 3 days' seemed a little unclear!
Thanks all
Its hard to know whether they would count the Wednesday as a day or not. I suspect it actually means through to 23.59 on Saturday (test systems aren't sophisticated enough to know the hour you received the email and usually just turn off when a day turns into the next at midnight). YOu might want to do it by 23.59 tomorrow though, just to be safe. However, in some cases the test does not actually time out, it is just easier for them to tell you it does so you complete it in a timely manner.

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 8, 2019
Its hard to know whether they would count the Wednesday as a day or not. I suspect it actually means through to 23.59 on Saturday (test systems aren't sophisticated enough to know the hour you received the email and usually just turn off when a day turns into the next at midnight). YOu might want to do it by 23.59 tomorrow though, just to be safe. However, in some cases the test does not actually time out, it is just easier for them to tell you it does so you complete it in a timely manner.
Jessica you’re correct. I had the same question and emailed them. They said that the deadline is Saturday 11.59pm (I received my test invite on Wednesday in the morning too @prospectiveswitcher ).

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Jessica you’re correct. I had the same question and emailed them. They said that the deadline is Saturday 11.59pm (I received my test invite on Wednesday in the morning too @prospectiveswitcher ).
Thanks for clarifying - this is useful, so thank you for sharing this information.

Reactions: Lawyerwithadream

Estupiña Colada

Feb 3, 2023
Looking to put in direct TC applications at the moment and was unsure as to where to apply owing to the stage we are at in the recruiting cycle.

Interested in Private Equity and more broadly American commercial firms in London.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Lian Lian

Distinguished Member
Feb 2, 2021
For Bakers direct TC:

Q2 states: Tell us about something - anything - that excites and inspires you. (300 words max)

Must I only talk about ONE thing, or can I speak about 2-3 things which excites and inspires me? Thanks!

Arch1234

Jan 5, 2023
slaughters are interviewing until the 17th of feb.
Slaughter and May February interviews are all for the vac scheme. The direct TC interviews start back up in March. There might be exceptions ie if an applicant said they needed to respond to another offer, but I booked my interview at the beginning of December for March, and on the email it said it was only running summer scheme interviews in jan and feb. Just to clear up the slight confusion I’ve seen on this thread ie slaughter and may!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.