TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estupiña Colada

Feb 3, 2023
"We write further to recent communications in regards to your application to Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.

We have reviewed your application and for the short term, we would like to place your application on hold. We will consider your application further towards the application deadline (July 14 2023), at which time we will advise you as to whether or not you have been shortlisted for interview."

Has anyone else received a similar message or knows exactly what this means, aside from it is still under consideration?

The Lincoln Lawyer_66

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 25, 2022
    I can’t tell if the lot that got their AC invites are the ones that interviewed most recently as well… I’m surprised they don’t go chronologically from the people who’ve been waiting the longest?
    It could be any list of factors. I am very much speculating, but I guess a consideration they may have is making sure people who may be friends, acquaintances through attending the same uni class etc do not find themselves together at the same ac particularly because there’s a group exercise task involved in this ac which might create an unfair advantage. Ofc they can’t mitigate this 100% but obvious stuff like uni and grad year they’ll have access to.

Jedward87

Star Member
    Feb 23, 2021
    So BM said ‘Candidates will find out whether their application has been successful by no later than 16 May 2023‘, I might be overthinking but does that mean…if you’ve got an AC place, you’d have been told already or find out today/tomorrow, but if you failed, you’d find out later than tomorrow aka Wednesday, or maybe wouldn’t hear back aka take silence as a PFO.

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021
    So BM said ‘Candidates will find out whether their application has been successful by no later than 16 May 2023‘, I might be overthinking but does that mean…if you’ve got an AC place, you’d have been told already or find out today/tomorrow, but if you failed, you’d find out later than tomorrow aka Wednesday, or maybe wouldn’t hear back aka take silence as a PFO.
    I think so, yes. Makes sense too, they need to give you some time ahead of the AC to plan (time off work, uni etc).

Reactions: Jedward87

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    does anyone have any insight on how to prepare for bakers case study partner interview? any advice, tips, or insight into case study partner interviews more generally would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: O

O

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 27, 2019
    does anyone have any insight on how to prepare for bakers case study partner interview? any advice, tips, or insight into case study partner interviews more generally would be greatly appreciated
    would appreciate if anyone could share - thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.