TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
I wouldn’t try to fit in the transferable skills just because the question is no longer asked. It could easily be something they no longer need from candidates. They are likely to be able to infer a lot of the skills by you explaining your impact in those roles (which is likely to be more of interest). I would try to include as much as possible that sells your impact in roles, especially if they bring more diversity to your application and show you have kept yourself busy/have multiple interests.

Personally, I would suggest covering multiple practice areas if they are areas you are interested in. However, it’s important to explain your interest and where it has come from, and so maybe focusing on two practice areas rather three or more may be better.
Thank you very much, this is very helpful.

kunscripted_

Standard Member
Jul 10, 2023
hi, was wondering if anyone could help with this

when a law firm says the below (for someone who hasn't done the SQE/LPC) does that mean you start the SQE/LPC on these dates or you start the actual job on these dates

"We are recruiting for September 2024, March 2025 and September 2025" (taken from BCLP)

AlexJ

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 23, 2022
    hi, was wondering if anyone could help with this

when a law firm says the below (for someone who hasn't done the SQE/LPC) does that mean you start the SQE/LPC on these dates or you start the actual job on these dates

"We are recruiting for September 2024, March 2025 and September 2025" (taken from BCLP)
    That would be the TC start, so you do the course in the 12 months prior normally

Reactions: kunscripted_

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If a firm has a TC window in Sep - Dec and one in June - July - are they classed as the same cycle?
    If it is for the same trainee intake, then yes. There will most likely be different categories of applicant who can apply in those two windows though, so double check your eligibility.

LawInTheNorth

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2022
    If it is for the same trainee intake, then yes. There will most likely be different categories of applicant who can apply in those two windows though, so double check your eligibility.
    Hi Jessica, what if one I take was for 2024/2025 and one is just for 2025? I’m struggling to find out my eligibility for Hogan Lovells and have received no reply on email or social media.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I would say this is the same intake most likely and that Hogan Lovells have just had some earlier intakes available for 2024.

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I know this is a long shot, but... I don't suppose anybody that attended the Nov 2022 Legal Cheek law fair happens to remember the names of either of the two women that were in the Macfarlanes booth. I have a Word document with notes from my conversation with them, but no names...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.