TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo_nana

Apr 17, 2020
Has anyone been successful in obtaining their WG & Arctic shores test results from NRF?

I just got below response from a recruitment advisor not too long ago after requesting which I don’t think is fair.

“Hi ,

Unfortunately, it is the Firm’s policy to not share Watson Glaser or Arctic Shores results.

Thanks,”

I have seen the thread re SAR but I do not want to use that approach hence I was requested from the firm first…also worried about implications for any future applications and how that would be viewed….

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Has anyone been successful in obtaining their WG & Arctic shores test results from NRF?

I just got below response from a recruitment advisor not too long ago after requesting which I don’t think is fair.

“Hi ,

Unfortunately, it is the Firm’s policy to not share Watson Glaser or Arctic Shores results.

Thanks,”

I have seen the thread re SAR but I do not want to use that approach hence I was requested from the firm first…also worried about implications for any future applications and how that would be viewed….
🔎 I Subject Access Requested both.

Reactions: Nemo_nana

LegalC

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Does anyone know whether Trowers and Hamlins require people to take the SQE 1 and 2 if you have the LPC? Conscious that firms have started to roll this requirement out even though the LPC doesn’t expire until 2031.

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
do you guys think attending a virtual or in-person AC is better? I'm debating whether or not to pay to cut my vacation short and attend an in-person AC or do the virtual AC that they offer. I personally don't like being on camera, it makes me more nervous having my self-view there, but at the same time I'd have to fork out quite a bit to change travel plans. Do you think its worth it to do in-person or do you think it doesnt make much of a difference?

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
do you guys think attending a virtual or in-person AC is better? I'm debating whether or not to pay to cut my vacation short and attend an in-person AC or do the virtual AC that they offer. I personally don't like being on camera, it makes me more nervous having my self-view there, but at the same time I'd have to fork out quite a bit to change travel plans. Do you think its worth it to do in-person or do you think it doesnt make much of a difference?
i'm a bit torn on this, 8/10 times i'd always prefer in-person ACs as it just removes the awkwardness and it helps seeing the actual person in front of you. But i've definitely had success with virtual ones as i didnt have to travel to London so i could just chill in my house and get rid of the nerves + have a few sticky notes dotted around

• 🤝
Reactions: hannah04

Us416

Feb 11, 2021
Does anyone know whether Trowers and Hamlins require people to take the SQE 1 and 2 if you have the LPC? Conscious that firms have started to roll this requirement out even though the LPC doesn’t expire until 2031.
Unsure for Trowers, but I’ve had confirmation from a number of firms that you are exempt from both SQE 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.