TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztyh

Premium Member
Jun 22, 2022
Hey! Recently got rejected from a city law firm’s Asian office post vac scheme. Myself and a couple of other vac schemers noticed that they are giving way less TCs than what we were initially told, to the point that they essentially abolished a whole intake. Does anyone know how common does this happen?

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
Hey! Recently got rejected from a city law firm’s Asian office post vac scheme. Myself and a couple of other vac schemers noticed that they are giving way less TCs than what we were initially told, to the point that they essentially abolished a whole intake. Does anyone know how common does this happen?
Is this HSF KL?

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker , hope you are doing well. Could you please tell me if it's okay to reference past virtual events and webinars in our application? The firm that I am applying to has a separate section of "Event Recordings". If I want to include them in my application, do I simply talk about the name of the event and what I learnt or do I also have to specify that it was a recording and I wasn't part of the actual event?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker , hope you are doing well. Could you please tell me if it's okay to reference past virtual events and webinars in our application? The firm that I am applying to has a separate section of "Event Recordings". If I want to include them in my application, do I simply talk about the name of the event and what I learnt or do I also have to specify that it was a recording and I wasn't part of the actual event?
any reference to such events needs to be very short/concise - there is no need to reference it as a recording but how you describe it might give clarity anyway - eg “having watched the firm’s X seminar” Vs “having attended the firm’s X seminar”

• ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
38th percentile?
When do we know whether we passed ?
I emailed GR to ask for my feedback report because I wanted to check which sections I can improve further.

They came back with my score (expressed as %) and said that that I passed (and that the pass mark is 38%). I don’t know if they meant percentile or not, but I assume so. They don’t however send the actual test report.

Last edited:
  • ℹ️
Reactions: M0M007 and sxw517

Kodak123

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
I emailed GR to ask for my feedback report because I wanted to check which sections I can improve further.

They came back with my score (express as %) and said that that I passed (and that the pass mark is 38%). I don’t know if they meant percentile or not, but I assume so. They don’t however send the actual test report.
Was this feedback for the TC? Or a vac scheme? And when did they send it back to you?

johnnn821

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2021
Does anyone know what is going on with RPC? I saw that apparently they have filled all the TC spots with vac schemers. However, their website implies that they recruit from direct applicants as well. Plus, it seems a bit weird that some have received PFOs while others haven't if all the positions have been filled. I tried emailing them last week but they haven't replied. So much for getting to applicants "shortly after the deadline" smh

Reactions: reedwei and Is00
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.