Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
they jus told me 38th percentile is what they're looking for, and it might sound silly but i have no idea what that meant
I wouldn’t worry, I wouldn’t expect many people to understand this and it doesn’t even really make much sense unless they provide more context.

On a basic level it means you need to perform in the top 62% of a group of people who take the assessment. That group of people could be other applicants or it could be another “norm group” - for instance the norm group could be current trainees or even partners in the firm, or could be a general norm group across the U.K. - eg a group of people who are educated to a certain level.

Reactions: mfuturetrainee

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
has anyone asked for WG test results from Freshfields and gotten a reply?? i sent them a 2nd email after sending one 10 days ago to ask for it

i hope they get back to me soon ik theyre doing interviews and ACs for tcs etc but i jus wanna find out whether my app was weaker in comparison to WG or vice versa
I called this morning and they gave it to me over the phone. I would suggest doing the same - they are unlikely to reply to emails during such a busy period!

Last edited:

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
Has anyone done the Dentons Legal High Potential assessment and the video interview? Preferably for the Middle East training contract but regular UK TC works too. I’d love some advice on what to expect!! Thank you!!

koko1029

Aug 16, 2023
I can't believe I'm sharing this but I have a TC offer from WFW!! Thank you to this community who has helped me in the past few months as I recover from failing to convert a spring VS and work on applying to TCs! (and if anyone has any questions my DMs are open as I would love to give back to the community too :)
First of all congrats!!!! Do you know if they are done recruiting then?

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    I can't believe I'm sharing this but I have a TC offer from WFW!! Thank you to this community who has helped me in the past few months as I recover from failing to convert a spring VS and work on applying to TCs! (and if anyone has any questions my DMs are open as I would love to give back to the community too :)

BCLP TC Offer! Totally unexpected and an utter shock
    CONGRATULATIONS GUYS

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

lolamcd1

Esteemed Member
    Feb 1, 2022
    I received an email today from GR saying my application is being actively considered but now i can expect to hear back mid-september. it was originally next week. Does this mean its likely i'm on a waiting list?

sea.and.waves

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 6, 2023
    Hi @Jessica Booker. I hope you are well. Generally, how does Grad Rec measure whether an applicant should pass a telephone interview. Is there a threshold to meet, maybe a checklist with key qualities or a points system? I imagine it is different for each firm, but I doubt is entirely arbitrary. Thank you :))

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.