TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd13

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2022
    After a lot of effort and many demoralising final stage rejections, I recently was offered a TC! Many thanks to everyone on this forum - TCLA is a great community and has helped me a lot. My dm’s are open to anyone seeking advice, especially people applying to City firms with more “niche” sectors such as shipping or aviation :)

Last edited:

seriouslylegal

Junior Lawyer
    Jul 26, 2023
    Anyone that has done the SH assessment, when you pressed submit did you then get confirmation that you had submitted?
    I haven't done it yet but this was in the email: "You will not receive email confirmation that your assessment was successfully submitted, please assume it has if you haven't heard otherwise."
    Hope that helps!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    BCLP TC Offer! Totally unexpected and an utter shock
    Congratulations - that is fantastic news!

Standing Ovation Nbc GIF by The Voice

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone - just a reminder of our TCLA community rules that can be found here

As part of our community rules we ask that you do not disclose video interview questions in the forums, as we feel this has a negative impact on the recruitment process where people can fully prepare for the questions posed.

You are welcome to share this information via private message if you want to, but if it’s posted on the forums we will remove any detail that provides the specific wording to video interview questions.

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    Is there anyone who has experience with the Amberjack Software Assessment - specifically the SJT blended test, which is utilized by companies like Simmons, Dentons, or WBD - and could assist me with a question?

Regarding the verbal reasoning section, should we adhere to the reasoning and guidelines outlined in the Watson Glaser test and formulate conclusions solely based on the provided passage, without incorporating any general knowledge? I've followed this approach in the past, but considering altering my strategy for these assessments, as my result reports consistently indicate an average score.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is there anyone who has experience with the Amberjack Software Assessment - specifically the SJT blended test, which is utilized by companies like Simmons, Dentons, or WBD - and could assist me with a question?

Regarding the verbal reasoning section, should we adhere to the reasoning and guidelines outlined in the Watson Glaser test and formulate conclusions solely based on the provided passage, without incorporating any general knowledge? I've followed this approach in the past, but considering altering my strategy for these assessments, as my result reports consistently indicate an average score.
    I would very much expect this to be the case, as tests like this should only use the information presented rather than requiring specific knowledge.

seriouslylegal

Junior Lawyer
    Jul 26, 2023
    Hi! I have a Macfarlanes AC on Wednesday and haven't heard anything since booking the slot, should I expect to receive more information about the day or do they not send us any further emails beforehand?

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker , hope you are doing well. For my Cover letter for Slaughter and May, I wanted to ask you, is the following format okay?"

Dear Ms. Arnold,

Para 1 - My interest in law grew after....

Para 2

Para 3

Yours Sincerely,
    XYZ

Basically, I am thinking of omitting
    1- my address
    2- the address of Ms Janine Arnold which is the same as the firm's address
    3- the date
    4- my introduction "My name is ABC, currently a final year student at XYZ, interested in a TC opportunity at the firm commencing Sept 2026 etc.

I feel that all these details will be there on the application as well. Am I right in starting the main body from the get go? Thanks.

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Hi! I have a Macfarlanes AC on Wednesday and haven't heard anything since booking the slot, should I expect to receive more information about the day or do they not send us any further emails beforehand?
    Hey, they don’t send anything - just a few emails on Monday and Tuesday - and this is literally to just create an account (so that you don’t have to do it on the day of the AC).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.