TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how reasonable adjustments work for written assessments? I'm pretty sure I've got ADHD (lucky me) cause it's getting worse and I'm struggling really hard to focus on one thing at once, so I think it would be smart for me to ask for reasonable adjustments. My first issue is that I don't have a formal diagnosis, do firms require that? And, I'm scared that it will reduce my chances of success because I'm worried they may not want to be burdened, should I just power through? If anyone has any tips/ has used reasonable adjustments before I would really appreciate it the advice :)

Pokeria

Jun 2, 2023
Does anyone know how reasonable adjustments work for written assessments? I'm pretty sure I've got ADHD (lucky me) cause it's getting worse and I'm struggling really hard to focus on one thing at once, so I think it would be smart for me to ask for reasonable adjustments. My first issue is that I don't have a formal diagnosis, do firms require that? And, I'm scared that it will reduce my chances of success because I'm worried they may not want to be burdened, should I just power through? If anyone has any tips/ has used reasonable adjustments before I would really appreciate it the advice :)
They would ask for a formal diagnosis unfortunately.

Reactions: Marissa

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Yes, I am dyslexic and I send my assessment report when requesting reasonable adjustments.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Unfortunately you will typically need a formal diagnosis, as this will help to identify what the reasonable adjustment needs to be for you, as this will always be bespoke to you and your requirements.

For instance, my ADHD requires no time adjustments but I do require clear instructions or the ability to ask questions to get that clarity.

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    Hi does anyone know if ULAW provide textbooks for the PGDL? or do you have to order them?

Also, when do you choose the optional modules for the PGDL? I'm about to start in September online and I haven't been asked about any optional modules yet! I want to make sure I choose some that are more compatible with corporate law!
    You order the textbooks online from their website, they emailed us a link

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    any news on w&c?
    sleepy kitten GIF

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.