Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I had an AC today and in the group exercise we didn't complete the task (just marginally) as we mistakenly thought we had more time than we did- do you think this means an automatic rejection??
No - most group exercises are designed in a way that many groups wouldn’t complete the task. It is not an automatic fail.

RonRod13

Esteemed Member
Nov 18, 2023
Does anyone else feel like HR and partners are after two different things in an interview? What tips do people have for initial first round interviews with grad rec? And what tips do people have for interviews with partners?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Is it a good or bad thing if a firm rejects your application but mention that whilst they don’t usually give feedback at the application stage they would like to arrange a feedback call?
I'd take it as a good thing - for some reason they are going out of their way to help you. What the reason for why they are doing that could be varied - but they clearly want to help and the feedback is likely to be useful.

The Lincoln Lawyer_66

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 25, 2022
    Has anyone been getting reminder emails from Baker McKenzie re. VI?

I got one today and it says I have until before 03/05/24 (Friday) to complete the VI, but the initial email from grad rec said until 23:59 on Friday to complete VI.

Anybody had any clarification from grad rec on this conflicting info?

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
    Apr 11, 2023
    Has anyone been getting reminder emails from Baker McKenzie re. VI?

I got one today and it says I have until before 03/05/24 (Friday) to complete the VI, but the initial email from grad rec said until 23:59 on Friday to complete VI.

Anybody had any clarification from grad rec on this conflicting info?
    I was thinking the same, i was planning on doing it on Friday morning

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.