TCLA General Discussion Thread #2 (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Still waiting on Arnold & Porter vac scheme application. I got a final TC interview with them last year, and they said I did a really good interview (though I didn't get it) so I'll be super disappointed if this delay means I've been rejected outright.
So am I (minus the TC interview, I didn't get the vac scheme AC last year- so well done!). If you remember, when did they start sending out vac scheme interviews last year?

JayC

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Jan 8, 2021
Still waiting on Arnold & Porter vac scheme application. I got a final TC interview with them last year, and they said I did a really good interview (though I didn't get it) so I'll be super disappointed if this delay means I've been rejected outright.
I am waiting as well. Did you do a vac scheme with them last year or did you have a direct TC interview?

D

Deleted member 8227

Does anyone have any advice on answering 'Tell us about yourself' on an application? It's got a 150-word limit and I'm not sure how to fill it.

karinny

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    Has anyone done the BLM video interview? Would just like to know what the format is (how much time to record an answer)? I saw there are NINE questions? :O I've not come across a VI with that many questions before, so any advice would be truly appreciated! 😊

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone have any advice on answering 'Tell us about yourself' on an application? It's got a 150-word limit and I'm not sure how to fill it.
    My approach would be “What do you want to tell the firm that explains something about your character that isn’t obvious from the other information you have provided”.

Reactions: Deleted member 8227

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Has anyone done the BLM video interview? Would just like to know what the format is (how much time to record an answer)? I saw there are NINE questions? :O I've not come across a VI with that many questions before, so any advice would be truly appreciated! 😊
    Yeah there’s 9 questions I’d say strength based and competency based ones too

• Love
    Reactions: karinny
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.