TCLA General Discussion Thread 2022-23

S

selfcarequeenzzz1

Hi !! I applied to a work experience scheme for April (deadline was 31st Jan) and I applied way before this. When would be a suitable time to email HR for the outcome? Thank you :)

DTB

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    Hello! I have an AC coming up at HL, I know one of their case studies is Insolvency/ involving a company going bust - I have no idea how to prepare for insolvency related case studies! Any advice please <3? @AvniD any advice?

thelastshah

Premium Member
    Oct 7, 2022
    Hello! I have an AC coming up at HL, I know one of their case studies is Insolvency/ involving a company going bust - I have no idea how to prepare for insolvency related case studies! Any advice please <3? @AvniD any advice?
    Hey, how do you know that is one of their case studies? I have an AC coming up too and haven't really found any sources giving an indication what the partner interview will entail.

LL

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 22, 2021
    Hello @Jessica Booker and @Jaysen, I am sorry to bother you but could I please be granted access to the premium forum? My AC is soon and I would like the chance to access the resources. I joined Premium on Friday and I was granted access to the premium gold forum yesterday. Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello @Jessica Booker and @Jaysen, I am sorry to bother you but could I please be granted access to the premium forum? My AC is soon and I would like the chance to access the resources. I joined Premium on Friday and I was granted access to the premium gold forum yesterday. Thanks!
    Hi @LL - there will only be one premium forum, so if you have been given access to that, that will give you the information you need.

LL

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 22, 2021
    Hi @LL - there will only be one premium forum, so if you have been given access to that, that will give you the information you need.
    Hi Jessica, thanks for getting back to me. I meant that I do have access to the private chat and office hours for gold-members only. However, I currently do not have access to the actual premium forum. Sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

• TCLA Premium.png
      TCLA Premium.png
      525.6 KB · Views: 20

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jessica, thanks for getting back to me. I meant that I do have access to the private chat and office hours for gold-members only. However, I currently do not have access to the actual premium forum. Sorry for the confusion.
    Hi - can you PM me confirmation of your premium subscription purchase (a screenshot is fine) and I can get this sorted for you.

• 🤝
    Reactions: LL

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Any suggestions for how to answer: Why law and not a business consultant?

A lot of reasons for choosing commercial law are similar between these professions: how dynamic it is, problem solving, commercial aspect, representing a company etc. So I'm confused how exactly to differentiate them.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Sorry for the delay @LL - I have updated your permissions and this should be working for you now :)

Reactions: LL

JD

Distinguished Member
    May 1, 2020
    Those who are lpc grads and are law/gdl grads that have done the SQE 2 exams or are currently doing the prep course (particularly at Uni of Law), how have you found the course in general in terms of difficulty?

And is worth doing the full SQE course due to legal knowledge needed from the core areas that the scenarios for the SQE2 exam are based on (I.e. Criminal, Land, Wills etc) despite being exempt or is the SQE 2 prep course just needed?

And are there any revisions guides like lpc buddy or law answered that you can get for the SQE?

Haven’t seen much feedback out there re SQE 2 so any advice would be much appreciated.

Please pm me if you do

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    for a question like 'tell us about a commercial issues and why it interest you'
    Should we link it back to the firm?
    There is no need to do this formally - the question is not asking you to do this. However, you may want to just choose something that is naturally linked to the firm (you just don’t have to explain why it is).

Reactions: F12M34L

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.