TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beluga

Star Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Jan 31, 2021
Just did a test where I was expected to finish 60 questions in 6 minutes! I only managed to answer 40 and safe to say, it has to be one of the more difficult assessments I had to take this cycle!
Wow, kudos for even getting through that, my concentration could never!

Just out of curiosity, what was this for?

• 🤝
Reactions: George Maxwell

letmeintolaw

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2021
Help!! I just had an AC presentation and the content of what I was saying I am confident, in but I was literally so visibly nervous and shaking, and finished quite a few minutes ahead of time - how bad is this?

LawfulRed

• Nov 17, 2020
    Help!! I just had an AC presentation and the content of what I was saying I am confident, in but I was literally so visibly nervous and shaking, and finished quite a few minutes ahead of time - how bad is this?
    I think it is natural that you'll be nervous for a high-stakes AC. Although you might be marked down for presentation skills I think they will be more interested in your overall content, e.g. your commercial awareness.

• Love
    Reactions: OB and letmeintolaw

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Well done for getting to AC! I'm sure you did great, a presentation is always intimidating so everyone is nervous. As someone who has done two case studies (successfully) and was told in both "well that was shorter than expected" I don't think it really matters as long as you covered all the right points. In both I took around 4 minutes rather than the 10 so if you feel confident about the content that should be enough. This is especially true if you were able to answer any follow-ups as often this is the harder part of the assessment :)

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Farrer PFO.

My rejection email said the following:

“We are very sorry not to be able to offer you a place on our scheme and hope this does not deter you from applying for a training contract with us if you have not already done so.”

Genuinely curious if anyone has thoughts on whether it’s worth applying if I couldn’t even secure a spot on the vac scheme?

LawfulRust00

Legendary Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    Farrer PFO.

“We are very sorry not to be able to offer you a place on our scheme and hope this does not deter you from applying for a training contract with us if you have not already done so.”

Genuinely curious if anyone has thoughts on whether it’s worth applying if I couldn’t even secure a spot on the vac scheme?
    Go for it! Nothing to lose.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Farrer PFO.

Well my love if you do not try you will never know. Always worth a try with small changes :)

Reactions: TCG and Adrian_S
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.