TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hey @Law2021vacschemer,

I would take a look at Chambers and Partners for this sort of information. Band 1 is the highest ranking a practice area can be awarded for reference.

In general though, Slaughters are particularly renowned for their corporate M&A work. They are also strong in corporate finance, tax and competition.

I hope that helps 🚀
This is really helpful- thank you so much!

Reactions: George Maxwell

OO28

Junior Lawyer
Nov 4, 2019
Hi @OO28,

Welcome to the forum! 🙌 I hope that you have had a restful few days since you posted this.

Adding to what @AvniD said, I thought that you might find the following links to some of the best resources on TCLA useful. I hope these might be helpful to look at before your case study interview!
  • Here is a thread about podcasts to check out if you are looking to improve your commercial awareness ahead of your interview. I completely agree with Avni about other resources, particularly Watson's Daily. I found doing some reading little and often worked well. For example, reading through an FT article or Watson's Daily with a morning coffee.
  • General tips for case study interviews.
  • @Jacob Miller's fantastic article on case studies. It might be helpful to look at his other articles (linked here), particularly "Foundations of Commercial Law".
  • Structuring answers in case study interviews.
  • If you are a non-law student, the level of legal knowledge a firm may expect of you in a case study interview.
  • Tips for case studies requiring you to weigh up two companies/options.
I hope this helps! 🚀
Hi George, thanks I had a much needed break over the Christmas weekend. Thank you so much for these tips, they're all very helpful. And thank you @AvniD for your helpful response too ☺️ I'll make sure to take all of this on board!

• 🤝
  • 🏆
Reactions: AvniD and George Maxwell

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
Hi, hope you all had a great Christmas! Apologies if this has already been asked, but is CMS WG automatic and roughly how long after you submit your app do they send it?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Does anyone know if graduate recruitment will be working this week during the Christmas break for most law firms except for the 31st December law firm deadlines.

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Does anyone know if graduate recruitment will be working this week during the Christmas break for most law firms except for the 31st December law firm deadlines.
    It will vary firm to firm, I wouldn't expect any movement on any outstanding applications until the first week of Jan - today and tomorrow are both stat holidays, as is next Monday. Some grad rec might be working this week but I'd imagine many, likely most, are not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.