Status
Not open for further replies.

N_16

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 11, 2022
Thank you! Is the time limit fairly tight?
Sorry I should have mentioned this in the first comment, but I think it might not be *timed* as such, instead they measure the time it takes for you to get through each section if that makes sense? Maybe it is also timed overall but it didn't feel pressurized at any point in terms of the time actually running out!

Lily1234

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Is it worth applying to DLA Piper in the third week of December (deadline is 30th December), since they have rolling applications? Or would slots be mostly full by then?
I did this last year and they recommended to apply much earlier in the application window as they recruit on a rolling basis and had already filled up all AC slots by mid December :)

Reactions: traineesolicitor123

S1gm4Solicitor1

Nov 9, 2022
I would also like to hear anyone's tips on the application question about a news story.. do you have to link your answer back to the firm? how would one structure their answer; a brief background detailing the story and explaining why the news story interests you - would that suffice?
no need to relate back to the firm. Just explain in decent detail what is going on, and then most people miss out on why the news story interests YOU. So make it clear what in the story actually attracts you.

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    Yes, I received an email saying I've passed the app stage and that I would be sent an email with instructions and link to the test on Friday (25 November) but haven't been sent anything. I will just email them tomorrow to ask.
    Okay that's the same for me. Glad someone else is in the same situation so I'm not panicking!

[Edit - just received the link to complete the assessment!]

Last edited:
    Reactions: di

BEB

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 5, 2019
    Is Skadden VS rolling? Also, considering the firm only recruits 12 trainee solicitors, what are the odds of getting a VS offer? (I'm not sure about the total number of people that usually apply)
    I saw on this forum that Skadden reviews on a rolling basis but does not send out any offers until the deadline passed, although their website says rolling. I think c.1000 apply (some law firms have said they receive over 3000+ applicants) but always worth applying!

Wazflame

Sep 11, 2022
    White & Case PFO this morning - was expecting it since I know some others got their application outcome almost 2 weeks ago (although some other people hadn't heard last week afaik).

Will hopefully get some feedback from them but I mainly want to know why it took them so long to give a decision? The vacation scheme literally starts in 7 days... just curious if anyone has ever had a successful vacation scheme application and found out so late?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Adrian_S, Uvaia and iamJW

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    I don't know about you guys but I honestly feel so lost and demotivated. :/ don't know where I am heading. I have few more applications to draft this cycle but duno where to start and on the edge of giving up :(
    I definitely know how you feel.

I see that you are a Gold TCLA member, so perhaps you could schedule a call with one of the TCLA team to regroup your thoughts? The link for that is: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/training-contract-advice/

The TCLA Premium courses are also really helpful at explaining where you should start with TC applications and how to be a successful applicant. If you haven't already, I really recomment going through these at your own pace. The link for that is: https://classes.thecorporatelawacademy.com/courses

My DMs are also open if you want to have a chat. I have also found going through the 'My Training Contract Journey' forum helpful to see how different people approach applications, so that may be worth looking through as well. I actually found that making my own thread on this forum helped me to clarify where I wanted to be and helped me to be strict on myself with my goals.

I hope you find some motivation soon. Remember, it's not if you will get a TC, but when. Good luck on your jounrey!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.