Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker and everyone, hope everyone is well. I d like to ask a question. When applying for a place on a vac scheme, is it fine to talk about the training contract structure as well? I wasn't sure since this is an application for a VS rather than TC directly. Thanks in advance!
Yes, that is not a problem. You may want to make a brief reference that you hope to convert the vacation scheme to make this clearer as to why you are including it.

Angel13890

Star Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2021
Will also put on the other thread, but has anyone else not yet heard back from Freshfields re the direct Training Contract application ... I applied on November 17th and haven't heard anything ... lost hope!
I remember that freshfields is not rolling. I applied for the direct TC in the previous cycle and I got the WG invite 3 weeks after the deadline. I had a friend who got it like 5 weeks after the deadline. So don’t lose hope! It is not a rejection until a rejection arrives in your inbox.

Uvaia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 31, 2022
    Will also put on the other thread, but has anyone else not yet heard back from Freshfields re the direct Training Contract application ... I applied on November 17th and haven't heard anything ... lost hope!
    It's non-rolling, and they read applications before sending WG invites.

Reactions: lik0401

law23

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    How accurate is jobtestprep's preppacks? Just tried an official practice test for an upcoming Saville assessment and got almost full marks, but absolutely bombed JTP's assessment.

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    I remember that freshfields is not rolling. I applied for the direct TC in the previous cycle and I got the WG invite 3 weeks after the deadline. I had a friend who got it like 5 weeks after the deadline. So don’t lose hope! It is not a rejection until a rejection arrives in your inbox.
    Thank you so much :)

chocolatebagel

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 20, 2022
    Does anyone else feel absolutely hopeless? I had a bad cycle last year and fortunately took a lot from it. Since graduating last year, I've spent so much time improving myself/applications. I have a much better commercial awareness (enough to get to the CAC semi final), I understand practice areas well, I am targeting my applications very carefully and being specific with my research. I've taken annual leave to do AS Aspire, I've attended application-only open days. My tangible work experience is much stronger and I've worked hard to regularly review and improve how I describe my w/exp in applications. And yet, I've had another big slap in the face. When you work FT so many opportunities dry up for you and I've invested so so much time and effort into improving - and I am a good candidate. But I am not an excellent candidate, and I don't know how to be so I won't get there anytime soon, because despite introspection and effort and getting support/reviews, I am nowhere closer than I was when I first decided I want to be a commercial solicitor. It's getting hard to pick myself back up and carry on going all the time.

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
    Jan 4, 2023
    hey!! just wondering when you applied for the summer vs? starting to get worried about HSF ahhh
    i originally applied to the spring vacation scheme, but had to change it to summer because i have exams during the assessment centres for spring:(( xx so i had to request for the change and to be considered for summer. so i honestly would not stress if you haven’t heard back yet from HSF x

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.