TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 11, 2021
Does anyone have any tips for the article part of the Slaughters interview? I know that they usually get an opinion piece from the times, guardian, or FT, but if anyone has any useful resources on how I should go about preparing for these and analysing the articles, that would be very helpful.
Saw a few helpful responses re the article portion of the Slaughters interview - I agree with what other people here have said. If I could add on...

I attended a direct TC interview with Slaughters (was unsuccessful) but the feedback I got was that during the article portion of the interview I wasn't listening to their questions carefully. In retrospect I think it was because I didn't know how to engage with the arguments the interviewer was putting forward and instead, I kept trying to change the topic and insist on my own point of view. I found this video from TCLA quite helpful - wishing you the best of luck!

• 🤝
Reactions: newtothis and cls33

mandamasochist

Standard Member
Jan 15, 2023
Didn't realise I had to complete the TLT RARE form before the end of deadline date - I did it just now and it let me submit it. Does this mean my application will still be considered as I haven't been rejected yet? Cheers

solba

Star Member
Premium Member
Nov 23, 2022
Has anyone heard anything from any of these firms? I cant see anything on the forums at all!
- Irwin Mitchell (post VI)
- Osborne Clarke (post tests)
- Forsters
- Trowers and Hamlins
- Pinsent Masons
email sent by trowers after application said they’re aiming to get back to people in february (for SVS)

thelawstudent2000

Star Member
Jan 16, 2023
That’s fantastic, massive well done 🤩
I applied on the 3rd so not looking hopeful. This is my first round of applications and I think, having just done the Ropes&Gray training sesh, I’ve fluffed them all 🤣 ah well, practice run to learn all my lessons in preparation for the real thing next time :)

Fingers crossed for you that all the next stages go well. I’m sure they will!
Thank you again ! And yeah this is my first application round and it can be so stressful at times 🤣 and I’ve gotten so many rejections both before and after taking WG and SJT. I know there are still a few firms that have their applications open , I would check on the Legal Cheek’s deadline calendar to find out!

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    Just received an email for EY's vac scheme saying this:

'Unfortunately we don’t have a role for you at the moment and, with regret, we need to withdraw your application. However, we’ve spent a lot of time reviewing your application and you do have positive results so far. We would like to keep your application, and if anything changes we will invite you to resume your application from where you left off.'

But the portal doesn't show it was withdrawn?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.