TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

akskhurana

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 24, 2021
    Hi all, has anyone completed a Baker McKenzie VI and is willing to share some advice? Happy to share my experiences with VIs at CMS, Latham, and a few others!!

user254

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2020
    Has anyone done the Womble Bond Dickinson Application Form yet? There is a section for a personal statement but it is blank, should we be able to upload or edit something in this section?
    Hi! Did you get a response to this? Whenever I access the application there is only one question (Can you tell us about a recent commercial issue you have been following – why have you found it interesting?), and no reference to a personal statement.

hanz123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 16, 2022
    Hi! Did you get a response to this? Whenever I access the application there is only one question (Can you tell us about a recent commercial issue you have been following – why have you found it interesting?), and no reference to a personal statement.
    Same that's the only question I've seen

King Ayo

Standard Member
    Oct 7, 2022
    The VI questions were just general motivations and understanding of Dechert; for the written exercise you can’t really prepare but It was only one task to do which was drafting an email to a client, my tip that I got would be to use informal language and italics/headings to make it more easier to read rather than answering like its a legal problem question.
    Thank you so much for this. Really appreciate. Cheers

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Guess its time to give up on WC as well! Hope things go better the next cycle
    same … I’m kind of sad because I got onto the open day which had quite a small number of acceptances + had a 1/1 consultation about my app with grad recruitment who said it was good … so not sure what more I could have done aghh :(

but I did submit on the deadline so that could have been part of it!

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 4, 2022
    No, it was for the direct training contract. Perhaps, I can choose to do the SQE instead of the LPC? Strange that they didn’t pick up on it!
    I hope you can! I assume the application process is same for both, so if you do get offered a TC for the LPC route maybe they'll let you go through the SQE route instead of deferring. But might be worth checking that the application didn't have a tick box of something like "I am in my final year/graduate" because idk if that might impact your application :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.