TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosec

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2022
Shearman has done on-campus interviews at Oxford, was an interesting experience.

They really pushed me on commercial awareness, more so than any other firm. I also only had one question about Shearman itself!
i guess the rest of us will hear back when they're done interviewing oxbridge lol

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
i guess the rest of us will hear back when they're done interviewing oxbridge lol

According to legal cheek, 52% of their trainees are oxbridge; not even sure how to interpret that figure. But guess they need that talent given all the partners they're losing as a result of that Hogan merger lololol (can you tell that i'm hella salty about my impending pfo????)

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    According to legal cheek, 52% of their trainees are oxbridge; not even sure how to interpret that figure. But guess they need that talent given all the partners they're losing as a result of that Hogan merger lololol (can you tell that i'm hella salty about my impending pfo????)
    A post-interview Cambridge reject here (and I'm still not over it almost a decade on lol), think about how salty I'll be when I receive that Shearman PFO 😅

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    Shearman has done on-campus interviews at Oxford, was an interesting experience.

They really pushed me on commercial awareness, more so than any other firm. I also only had one question about Shearman itself!
    For London VS?!?!?!?!?!

Honestly, not sure if you are joking or not. That's the recruiting style in the US I believe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.