TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

allwillbewell

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2022
Hi @Jessica Booker

I completed the SJT for Latham's open day and essentially failed the test. My feedback report says my greatest strengths were critical thinking and effective communication, but my weakness was personal responsibility. I'm not entirely sure why I've failed the test though, considering critical thinking and effective communication are two of Latham's desired competencies, unless ofc there is a hierarchy of competency skills and personal responsibility is seen as more desirable.

In my next SJT test, should I just prioritise showing personal responsibility over critical thinking/communication skills as the former seems to have been what let me down?

Would really appreciate your thoughts on this (and also anyone else who has some insight into SJTs)!
The Video interview matters too! I got the same results but I passed the test

Reactions: flower

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
Nov 14, 2023
Does anybody have any experience with the DLA VI - particularly the weighting of the questions? I just did it, but I bombed one of my answers (it took me 45 long seconds of waffle before I gave up, when the answer was supposed to be 2 minutes). I think the other two questions went well though - am I still in with a shot?

• 🤝
Reactions: futuretrainee2024

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
I got invited to the next stage for Taylor Wessing 😍 proud moment for me as it is my first application season and first non-pfo :D

Anyone have any advise for the TW online tests @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre ?

Thank you :)
Congratulations!! Huge achievement!

I did take the test last year and I honestly would say to have fun with it. I did not prepare anything for it, I just focused on having fun and making sure that I was selecting the answers I was confident in.

One thing that I did was reading on it through the website and watch the little video they have where they explain how it is formatted and things like that , but I genuinely did not prepare and I passed it!

Good luck with it and congratulations again @Ash2323

• ℹ️
  • 🏆
Reactions: Ash2323, atlas2425 and sxw517

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.