TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Harold Gunderson

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2023
No need to give the date, but referencing where you read about it can sometimes be helpful in explaining why it interests you/how you found about it.

I often recommend considering multiple articles on the same subject for these type of questions though, and so in these instances, you don’t have to list all of them, you can just talk about the topic.
I think that some people say that you should but the word count for some of these type of questions does not allow that so I personally never did it and jumped straight into the content of the article.
That's really helpful, thank you!

Reactions: axelbeugre

LKG

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
How bad is it if you stumble over your words during a vi? I’m panicking because I did this quite a few times during the first question as I was so nervous lol but I did manage to get back on track

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
How bad is it if you stumble over your words during a vi? I’m panicking because I did this quite a few times during the first question as I was so nervous lol but I did manage to get back on track
Generally firms tend to say that they look out for the content of what you’re saying rather than how you said it due to obvious pressures and nerves.

Reactions: LKG

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    Those who applied to DLA (esp regional offices) and received their benchmark email - does the email say that meeting benchmark doesn't necessarily mean we have secured a seat at the ACs.
    Also, are their ACs in person only?

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
    Nov 14, 2023
    TW said they'd get back to me w/c 1st of December and I haven't heard anything. Should I send a follow up email? I don't need to know, but this is now quite some time after that
    What date is showing on your application portal? Mine has changed to 14/12 today, so I'm hoping they're about to respond post-app to people they haven't got back to yet (or at least that my app has been reviewed now and will be in the next batch of responses!).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.