TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

anasat

Oct 15, 2023
hi, I havent had a chance to attend any kirkland event so would appreciate any insight on this - do they hire all future trainees through vac schemes? i know they have a 2026 direct tc app open as well, and since i have some international work experience i was considering the tc option, but am a bit unsure about which route to choose to maximise my chances. thanks in advance!

MrHubertLouis

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 5, 2021
If it helps I applied this afternoon and received an invite to complete the assessment an hour later so I think it’s still open
Oh, that's interesting. Maybe I'll apply for the London SVS one then. I'm worried because it's an automated test, they will tell you they have filled up after you have done the test. How long do you have to complete the assessment?

SoonToBeTrainee

Standard Member
Dec 29, 2023
hi, I havent had a chance to attend any kirkland event so would appreciate any insight on this - do they hire all future trainees through vac schemes? i know they have a 2026 direct tc app open as well, and since i have some international work experience i was considering the tc option, but am a bit unsure about which route to choose to maximise my chances. thanks in advance!
I'd suggest you apply for the TC. The application processes are exactly the same.

Kirkland hasn't run a Vacation Scheme for the last few years, and they said that they most likely won't in 2024 either (although they're not sure).

They're currently giving us the option to apply for a Vacation Scheme. However, chances are, they'll just invite those who apply for the VS to the same assessment centre as direct TC applicants.

This is what they've done for the last few years, and they've said that it's quite advantageous.

bluebell

Feb 4, 2023
Has anyone not heard back from Eversheds? I applied a while ago and they said "We will be in touch within three weeks after the vacancy has closed." - I can't quite remember but pretty sure the deadline was 10th December. Is it bad to have not heard back at this point? I have seen people posting PFO and invitation to VI so not sure where I stand?!

anasat

Oct 15, 2023
I'd suggest you apply for the TC. The application processes are exactly the same.

Kirkland hasn't run a Vacation Scheme for the last few years, and they said that they most likely won't in 2024 either (although they're not sure).

They're currently giving us the option to apply for a Vacation Scheme. However, chances are, they'll just invite those who apply for the VS to the same assessment centre as direct TC applicants.

This is what they've done for the last few years, and they've said that it's quite advantageous.
Thank you so much! Will do this then :)

CarolineC

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 23, 2019
Would anyone be able to share insights on Simmons & Simmons blended assessment?

Particularly interested in the structure of VI - how many questions are there and how much time do we have to prep?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.