Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi everyone,
I'm a second year law student and just wanted some advice on when to start applying for TC's.
Hi @hanz123, a lot of firms are open to receiving applications from students in the second-last and last years at uni, so if you're doing a 3-year degree, now is a good time to start considering which firms may be right for you, attending open days and webinars, registering for law fairs etc. Keep in mind that law firms generally recruit a couple of years in advance to allow applicants to cure any deficiencies in their legal education/take the SQE so I'd leave a buffer of two years from when you apply to allow for these considerations.

Reactions: hanz123
Hi guys!

I have the Clifford Chance Direct TC assessment centre coming up, but feeling a little nervous for it as I’ve got to AC last year with MC firms and it hasn’t gone my way. Does anybody have any tips/advice/resources/experiences that you might be willing to share?

Thanks - and hope your application cycles are going well!

Unknown

Mar 3, 2022
Hey everyone, I've been invited to a face-to-face interview with Lawrence Stephens limited for a training contract. This interview may last up to an hour and will be with two senior solicitors.

I have never done such a long interview before and never had one face-to-face before (all have been rather short and online) so I'm quite nervous about it.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview itself but also for the preparation and nerves? Thanks!

Reactions: divaination

jnice

Distinguished Member
Nov 19, 2020
Hi guys!

I have the Clifford Chance Direct TC assessment centre coming up, but feeling a little nervous for it as I’ve got to AC last year with MC firms and it hasn’t gone my way. Does anybody have any tips/advice/resources/experiences that you might be willing to share?

Thanks - and hope your application cycles are going well!
I said this in another forum:
Cliche but I had an ac yesterday and before I started every task, I took 3 deep breaths. E.g., Before my interview with a partner, I did this and it really relaxed me. in your interview, if needed, don’t be afraid to ask them to repeat a question or to take a minute to think about your answer.

Try to relax, be yourself and do your best! Follow all instructions of any tasks you are set. Take a watch and try to manage your time as best as you can. Best of luck!!

• 🏆
Reactions: SCM and Jessica Booker

mich2001

Standard Member
Dec 23, 2022
Is this AC for the BCLP direct TC route? I didn't expect them to be offering this already. Can you let me know when you applied and completed the other parts of the application process?

Thank you in advance.
It was for VC, applied last October, and did the test in November followed by the interview in December, got the AC couple days after.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    It was for VC, applied last October, and did the test in November followed by the interview in December, got the AC couple days after.

Is this AC for the BCLP direct TC route? I didn't expect them to be offering this already. Can you let me know when you applied and completed the other parts of the application process?

Thank you in advance.
    I thought the same, I was referring to the Direct TC route Mich, you had me worried for a second haha!

I said this in another forum:
    Cliche but I had an ac yesterday and before I started every task, I took 3 deep breaths. E.g., Before my interview with a partner, I did this and it really relaxed me. in your interview, if needed, don’t be afraid to ask them to repeat a question or to take a minute to think about your answer.

Try to relax, be yourself and do your best! Follow all instructions of any tasks you are set. Take a watch and try to manage your time as best as you can. Best of luck!!

Thanks so much! This is super helpful.

TheArch

Mar 10, 2020
    SST invite from Kennedys! Not sure how to approach it - anyone got any advice/tips? I'm assuming I'll need to know the firm's core values inside-out and apply them to each answer?

Thanks in advance! :)

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi everyone! After working on the forum team for almost 1.5 years, I will now be leaving TCLA to take a short break before commencing my training contract.

I have LOVED interacting with all of you and being a part of our incredible community. This community has been such a constant source of inspiration, joy and support for me and, from the bottom of my heart, I thank each and every one of you for helping make this job so wonderful for me.

My truest wish is for this community to grow from strength to strength and for all of you to achieve everything you are working towards - there really isn't a more hardworking, kind and determined lot of aspiring solicitors anywhere than right here on our forum 😊

A big thank you to @Jessica Booker for being my anchor in the forum team and a shout out to @Jaysen for giving me this opportunity!

All the best everyone, you have SO got this! 💪🏼 Adios!

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Hi everyone! After working on the forum team for almost 1.5 years, I will now be leaving TCLA to take a short break before commencing my training contract.

I have LOVED interacting with all of you and being a part of our incredible community. This community has been such a constant source of inspiration, joy and support for me and, from the bottom of my heart, I thank each and every one of you for helping make this job so wonderful for me.

My truest wish is for this community to grow from strength to strength and for all of you to achieve everything you are working towards - there really isn't a more hardworking, kind and determined lot of aspiring solicitors anywhere than right here on our forum 😊

A big thank you to @Jessica Booker for being my anchor in the forum team and a shout out to @Jaysen for giving me this opportunity!

All the best everyone, you have SO got this! 💪🏼 Adios!
    All the very best with your training contract @AvniD :) Thanks for all your tips!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.