Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone! After working on the forum team for almost 1.5 years, I will now be leaving TCLA to take a short break before commencing my training contract.

I have LOVED interacting with all of you and being a part of our incredible community. This community has been such a constant source of inspiration, joy and support for me and, from the bottom of my heart, I thank each and every one of you for helping make this job so wonderful for me.

My truest wish is for this community to grow from strength to strength and for all of you to achieve everything you are working towards - there really isn't a more hardworking, kind and determined lot of aspiring solicitors anywhere than right here on our forum 😊

A big thank you to @Jessica Booker for being my anchor in the forum team and a shout out to @Jaysen for giving me this opportunity!

All the best everyone, you have SO got this! 💪🏼 Adios!
    We'll miss you Avni. Thank you for everything you have done for TCLA.

born&raised

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 30, 2021
    Hi everyone! After working on the forum team for almost 1.5 years, I will now be leaving TCLA to take a short break before commencing my training contract.

I have LOVED interacting with all of you and being a part of our incredible community. This community has been such a constant source of inspiration, joy and support for me and, from the bottom of my heart, I thank each and every one of you for helping make this job so wonderful for me.

My truest wish is for this community to grow from strength to strength and for all of you to achieve everything you are working towards - there really isn't a more hardworking, kind and determined lot of aspiring solicitors anywhere than right here on our forum 😊

A big thank you to @Jessica Booker for being my anchor in the forum team and a shout out to @Jaysen for giving me this opportunity!

All the best everyone, you have SO got this! 💪🏼 Adios!
    Thank you so much for all your help and support, @AvniD! All the very best for your training contract! :)

DimpledHopper

Star Member
    Sep 20, 2021
    Hi all! Does anyone know is Hogan Lovells does blind AC? and what the structure is? Wondering if anyone has an AC coming up
    There is a technical interview with 2 partners/counsel and a situational interview with GR and a senior associate. The technical interview is not CV blind (the interviewers will literally have your application in front of them) but the situational interview is CV blind because they won't ask you anything related to your CV.

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2022
    Hi
    There is a technical interview with 2 partners/counsel and a situational interview with GR and a senior associate. The technical interview is not CV blind (the interviewers will literally have your application in front of them) but the situational interview is CV blind because they won't ask you anything related to your CV.
    Could I follow up and ask what that technical interview with a panel of interviewers covers? Mainly asking with regards to format (i.e., case study, news article etc.,).

DimpledHopper

Star Member
    Sep 20, 2021
    Hi

Could I follow up and ask what that technical interview with a panel of interviewers covers? Mainly asking with regards to format (i.e., case study, news article etc.,).
    You are given a case study with 2 questions to prep for 15 mins. During the interview you'll go through your answers to the case study. You'll also get asked a range of motivational, commercial and competency questions for the rest of the interview. The interview is meant to be 1 hour long.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: HLL and futuretrainee202X

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2022
    You are given a case study with 2 questions to prep for 15 mins. During the interview you'll go through your answers to the case study. You'll also get asked a range of motivational, commercial and competency questions for the rest of the interview. The interview is meant to be 1 hour long.
    Thanks a lot, this was really helpful!

• 🤝
    Reactions: DimpledHopper

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    Hi all - Does anyone know if Hogan process direct TC applicants separate to vac schemers? i.e. I have yet to put in my application (due 31 jan) - if I pass written app and WG, which if i understand correctly are considered together, then will the ACs be with just other direct TC applicants?

Reactions: DimpledHopper

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 25, 2020
    Hi @Jessica Booker - I hope you are well! I have a phone interview coming up with Grad Recruitment - on my application I mentioned the firm's expertise in Banking & Finance as one of my 'why us' reasons. For the interview, however, I want to mention their expertise in IP instead

Do you recommend that I : (1) stick with B&F only ( I do have reasons) (2) try and squeeze in both B&F and IP or (3) focus on IP as I'd like to

Thanks in advance

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker - I hope you are well! I have a phone interview coming up with Grad Recruitment - on my application I mentioned the firm's expertise in Banking & Finance as one of my 'why us' reasons. For the interview, however, I want to mention their expertise in IP instead

Do you recommend that I : (1) stick with B&F only ( I do have reasons) (2) try and squeeze in both B&F and IP or (3) focus on IP as I'd like to

Thanks in advance
    Why did you not mention IP in your application out of interest?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.